im working on a new addon and would like to get a bit of feedback and ideas to make it better.
1. how does VertexHeat work?
vertices in the active vertex group are taken as border conditions and all the vertices that are not in the active group will get their weight smoothed out. confused? let me show some examples.
if you like it more technical, heres a wiki link to the heat diffusion which i try to add to vertex weights
- create a new vertex group
- select some vertices that you like to be the max border and assign weight 1 (or whatever weight you like) to them.
- select the vertices for the min border condition and assign weight 0 to them. i know the min border is not visible in weight paint mode but im thinking about possible solutions for that...
- choose choose the vertex heat iterations
- press the "Calculate" button. depending on iterations and mesh resolution this can take some time.
here a example what the addon does:
i defined some border conditions in weight paint mode. (for now make sure to use a curve without falloff)
and this is how it looks after running the addon. (note: without a min border condition the weight will increase until everything hass the weight of the max border condition)
here i added additional min border conditions (vertex weight 0 at 12 and 6 o'clock), now you see that it only smooths the are between the max and min condition.
- increased iteration max to 10000 and lowered default to 100
- added option and sliders for threshold weights to gui
- implemented threshold values from sliders
- use activeList to speed up iterations
- change bmesh creation method to prevent mode switching