Unknown Addon?

Does anybody have an idea as to what the “Katie Tools” add-on is and what it does? Spotted it in an unrelated tutorial so I’ve Googled it, checked the repository for it and even on You Tube with no success.

I noticed a “Katie Tools” in this collection of scripts by CGCookie staff :

It can’t be that old, because you see the rigid body tools right above it, maybe it was in some test build, but I haven’t heard of it… you just peaked my curiosity… hopefully somebody will recognize it.

spooky.

Katie Tools is an add-on that Kent Trammell (theLuthier) has been working on for a while. As @Sanctuary mentioned, you can find it in the CG Cookie GitHub repo, but it’s not really ready for release yet. I think Kent has a bunch of things he wants to do with it first :slight_smile:

Hi Jonathon: I just jumped off the site and came to the same conclusion that they weren’t finished yet, and you probably had them installed for testing purposes. Yup, it was your 2.66 overview I spotted it on. @Sanctuary: Thanks for the comeback. Testing stages I guess was the reason I couldn’t find it before.

Hey guys! “Katie Tools” is my personal toolbox that I developed over the past year working at Reel FX. It’s a shmorgishborg of tools from display tweaks, alternate grouping, mesh operators, scene cleanup, and render efficiencies. It’s highly tailored to my workflow and nowhere near user friendly. I plan to clean it up ASAP and release the most usable bits gradually after more polish.

Kinda cool to see a thread about it :slight_smile:

bump… news about it? :slight_smile:

very curious for these tools :slight_smile:

PS how do i get it to install properly?

I got it to work in blender 2.69 only the matcap function gives me an error

Attachments

all node names changed in 2.67:

http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Extensions:2.6/Py/API_Changes#2.67

So i need to change the variables and the code than to get it to work again… So i need to give ‘context’ some sort of ID if im correct

it’s not related to context?! Not sure what you mean…

Well in the example code they are defining variables for ‘context’ right? These are not set in the code if im correct

see the Node Identifiers section, Restricted Context since 2.66 is unrelated to node name changes

Im unformiliar with python… perhaps i can take a look at it and see if i can ‘fix’ it. Does the addon work properly for you?

No, it can’t work with 2.67 or later.

Since katietools seems to use a few Shader Nodes only, it was rather easy to fix the two problematic files:
katietools_267_fix.zip (10.1 KB)

Hey guys,

It’s quite flattering to find this discussion happening about my goofy little addon :slight_smile: Embarrassing also, since it’s so poorly maintained and I never got around to releasing it publicly :no:

I randomly update it to work with each Blender version so here you can download the addon in its current state for 2.69: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2127530/katietools_v1.0.zip Again, it’s all very WIP and in need of polish.

Thanks @CoDEmanX for fixing it for 2.67!