VickyM72's Sketchbook

Hey people!
Been using Blender for around 3 years I suppose, and I do a lot of abstract/desktop wallpaper things. I use BI a lot, but also Cycles, a bit of VRay, and Yafaray. My primary concern is having fun with the program, and making something that I hope is at least interesting :smiley:

BI

BI

Cycles

More…

Featured at Blender Cookie:

BI

Cycles

VRay

Brilliant
The last one is my favorite.

Thank you very much, and thanks for stopping by! :smiley:
Ah yes, the VRay one. I think that is one of my first VRay renders ever. :slight_smile:

A few more

BI

VRay

BI

Some great renders here, Vicky. Keep them coming!

Thank you very much Dave! :yes:

Cool stuff. 5 starz ~

How do you come up with the abstract looking stuff? Is it exploring with modifiers or something until you come up with something that looks nice, or is it like a conscious preplanned design? You got a lot of great stuff on your Deviant Art too.

@xrg: Thank you so much! I suppose it’s a bit of both really, but most are preplanned. I use a lot of simple deform, subsurf, lattice, and the occasional strange camera (as seen in my purple one above). The one at the very top, I think I used about 4 or 5 simple deforms. Happy accidents are not rare for me though, if it works, it works :smiley: I thank you again for everything! :yes:

Very cool, clean renders!! Very good desktop material, each and every one of them :smiley:

Thanks a lot! I actually started using Blender and other various programs so I could make my own wallpapers, and it kind of stuck with me apparently :smiley: Just added you to my deviantART watch, have to cruise through your textures later for sure :smiley:

Nice stuff Vick… very well done… I wish my renders looked this good…

wonderful work, your renders are great! the abstracts are beautiful, my favourite however is the mucha room, oh glorious, i wish that was mine home :slight_smile: …and suzanne fits in there nicely too …lol

@norvman: Thanks so much! :smiley:

@doris: Thank you! I like to sneak Suzanne in whenever I you can! lol :smiley:

Some more Blender Internal stuff :smiley:

BI

BI

BI

Beautiful. That water droplet inspires images of alien planets.

Thanks very much! :smiley:

Here’s a couple of Bezier Curve wallpapers. No SVG or path used here, I actually used simple beziers on these. Both rendered in BI. By the way…LET’S GO PENS!!! :smiley:

BI

BI

NIce use of curves! I myself get in trouble when I try to use Illustrator or Inkscape and make the mistake of trying to call commands that are used in Blender - I wish I could change the other programs to work that way

Thank you! The SVG/paths technique does indeed work fine, but I was actually familiarizing myself with the curves here. Making logos like this with them is really eye-opening, and fun as well :smiley: