fiber 2.03- Help

okay i need some help. i am fairly new to blender and this is the first time that i have tried to use python. i just downloaded fiber generator 2.03 and i am using blender 2.33. i can load it up but when i press Alt-P, it says “python script error, check console” what do i do?

also when i render the examples, the hair is not in the render.

Check Gimble’s page here:

http://www.telusplanet.net/public/kugyelka/blender/tutorials/fiber/interface.html

When it says “Check console” that means check the dos window behind Blender to see info on the type of error. If you print that error here we may be able to help.

Not sure how you get a hair mesh with a python error (lol) but does it have faces when you press Z? Is the layer it’s on selected with the layer the camera and lights are on?

%<

okay this is what the console says:

‘import site’ failed; use -v for traceback
sys_init:warning - no sitedirs added from site module.
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “Fiber2GUI.py”, line 35, in ?
ImportError: No module named os

and the hair does not have faces when i press z

it says there is somthing wrong with line 35. and in the script/text window, line 35 is highlighted in red.

that might be my problem but i don’t know how to fix it.

To me this looks like you do not have python 2.3 installed. go to the sticky at the tip of this page for the instructions on how to download and install it.

i know exactly what to do.
first seperates screen and start text editor in a seperate window hit open and open fiber2.py first and run that script it does nothing. then go to open again and this time open fiberGUI.py and run that and it should work. when it says error in line 35 it says the problem is u need to import fiber2.py that means u have to open it first and run it , then open and run the gui file

Hope It Helps
Head_Chees

This definitly is an annoying problem with the script, and it’s because it uses two separate text files- the GUI and the generator routines. In Fiber 3 they will be consolidated into one so this problem won’t occur. Fiber 3 will also only use internal functions, so a full install of Python won’t be necessary. I’m really hoping that the next release will be completely user-friendly, but we’ll see :slight_smile:

i opened up fiber2.py and it said

File “Fiber2.py”, line 1, in ?
import os

then i opended fiberGUI.py and it said line 35 no module names os

i dont see why its not working

Ripsting is working on fiber 3 so it will hope fully be fixed there

File “Fiber2.py”, line 1, in ?
import os

then i opended fiberGUI.py and it said line 35 no module names os

The message parts in Bold text all mean that Python can’t be found; either you don’t have it installed or the Path to it is wrong.

%<