Need Beast help!

What went wrong? :o
http://photos1.blogger.com/img/146/1746/1024/furball.jpg

Here’s the alpha:
http://photos1.blogger.com/img/146/1746/1024/fur_alpha.jpg

Here’s the color:
http://photos1.blogger.com/img/146/1746/1024/fur_pic.jpg

Help appreciated. :frowning:

*Note: I don’t know why, but the pictures (at least for me) are boxes with “x’s” through them. :frowning: The urls (right-click>properties>url>paste into Web Browser) still work…

I would help you with my limited knowledge of theBeast but all your graphics do not display.

RE: sorry, I don’t know why they dissappeared…They were there when I was posting them, but:

*Note: I don’t know why, but the pictures (at least for me) are boxes with “x’s” through them. The urls (right-click>properties>url>paste into Web Browser) still work…

If you’re using raytracing, don’t. If you’re not use ZTransp and not Ray-Trans. That’s all I can think of now. May be able to take some more thumbsuck guesses if you upload screenies of your material settings and your Image Texture tab (the one with mipmap, useAlpha and CalcAlpha in it).

%<

yep there is something seriously funky going on with those textures. do what fligh% said about the ztransp, and as to the weird mapping, i would have to assume you changed the mapping? hard to say without seeing your material settings.

if you upload screenies of your material settings and your Image Texture tab (the one with mipmap, useAlpha and CalcAlpha in it).

Hmm…I left all the settings as default for materials, etc…I just made the UV Sphere and ‘unleashed beast’ on it, so the settings are all the defaults.

If you’re using raytracing, don’t. If you’re not use ZTransp and not Ray-Trans.

I rendered it with Blender Internal, I’m not sure if that’s raytracing or not - what should I use instead? :frowning:

Here’s the pic (the quality kind of dropped when the Blogger ULder optimized it…):

incase it doesn’t work again, here’s the url:

• I tested the url and it doesn’t work…so you might have to enter it in manually… :smiley:

It only uses raytracing if you ask it to and it seems that you wouldn’t no how to ask it to I would say you wern’t using raytracing :wink:

In the Image tab, next to “Interpol” set “Use Alpha” to on. Then in the MirrorTransp tab set “ZTransp” to on.

Just curious: what does the “AlphaTex” texture on that material do?

%<

Hi,
i read a lot about beast and searched the forum and the internet but i could not find a working download for it!? On the projectpage at blender.org the download just generates an empty website.

Can somebody point me to a working download site please?

Thanks,

hm

PM me your email and I’ll send you one.

%<

@fligh%: Thank you

It only uses raytracing if you ask it to and it seems that you wouldn’t no how to ask it to I would say you wern’t using raytracing

lol, yeah, i’m still new to blender :stuck_out_tongue: :wink:

Ty :smiley:

Sorry, i couldn’t try it yet, but i’ll upload a pic when i get a chance, so u know it worked. :slight_smile:

btw, Beast can’t do wind animations and stuff yet, can it?