A little confused. (to say the least)

OK, am I wasting my time trying to use python in Blender 2.23, If i want to use Python, should i downlowd blender 2.21 and script in that version, then edit in 2.23, or what? Is python no good with 2.23 and better with 2.21? And also if i pull down the window in blender to get to the settings, there is a rectangular button there that says Python: Do I type in
C:PYTHON22/LIB, is that right? Does anyone know of an up to date tut on the basics of using python with blender? Man I am getting a headache!!!

NDNChief, “Frustrated NOOB” UGH!!!

OK, am I wasting my time trying to use python in Blender 2.23, If i want to use Python, should i downlowd blender 2.21 and script in that version, then edit in 2.23, or what? Is python no good with 2.23 and better with 2.21?

Python is correct in 2.23, it “only” locks Blender if you try to directly print some objects returned by the API (an NMesh, for example).

And also if i pull down the window in blender to get to the settings, there is a rectangular button there that says Python: Do I type in
C:PYTHON22/LIB, is that right?

yes, then, save the settings with Ctrl-U

Martin

Thanks for your help, I appreciate the info :smiley: