[AddOn] NP Delete Fast

Hi everyone!

Here’s a really small addon that helped me a lot. In my design workflow i add and delete many objects, trying to find the best solutions for pretty much everything. The speed of the app is always competing with the dinamics of the mind flow, and as i believe you are all aware, rarely wins :slight_smile: I am not sure has the option of turning off the delete confirmation been introduced yet, but i decided to resolve that question once and for all with a script. The description of the operator and instalation instructions are included in the .py file (Win - Notepad++ / Linux - Kate).

Please report any problems. Code snippet by lukas_t :slight_smile:

Attachments

NP_delete_fast_001.py.zip (1.71 KB)

-Wrong post-

Thanks for this. I’ll test it out.

So this only works for object mode?
How can I delete polys in edit mode without having to go through a popup box?

Hi poly2poly2,

yes, this is just a small helper for those who want to remove objects instantly in object mode. The situation in the edit mode is a little bit more complicated - the program has to guess which elements you want to delete. There are several options, as you know from the popup.

This guessing work could be automated by a script, but it is not an easy task. A good effort was done by Darcvizer, you can try that one:
https://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?410401-Smart-Delete

Thanks. I find it odd that when you have already selected the faces and then press x or delete, you still need to tell blender what to delete. Its double the time to delete them.

Wow, you are just awesomeness generator, man!