BGMC 11 | Moorsum

This will be my WIP thread for my BGMC 11 entry.

I have some ideas for a game, but I don’t have too much time. College has just begun.
Crazy schedule, (time-consuming) college. :frowning:

I wish good luck to everyone involved in this challenge !!!

Genre: side-scroller game

Fast sketches for this game.

Low Poly main character:

Demo Level:

Video:[INDENT=2]

[/INDENT]

Walk / Run Cycle:

[INDENT=2]

[/INDENT]
Character setup:

[INDENT=2]

[/INDENT]

it’s looking really nice to far

Did you do that in a day?!?

Yep :stuck_out_tongue:

I have some progress of my game. You can see here some screenshots.

Test level for game:

Next screenshoots show some handpainted work.

Mushroom:

Log:

IS SPEECHLESS
No way. May I ask how you do the textures? And also the title could be Moorsum World or just Moorsum (Moorsum is Mushroom backwards without the H). Feel free to use that name and change it if you want.

Awesome looking stuff. Very nice normal mapping, and the textures look fantastic.

Man, those assets are really nice! Keep up the good work!

nice, job on those modles, the gritty hyper real is hard to pull off in a short time. The platforms are lookign a little anguler though , but im shure itl look good in the end.

Oh, YES!! That mushroom! That trunk! drool

Hi, here is my progress.

For today I just made HP main character for a game. (WIP)

Here is WIP LP Head w/o diffuse map:

wow you work really fast… are those sculpted or baked normal maps?

Actually is High poly model (sculpted),

here is full low poly model with normal map and AO.

Hello, I just wanna post some progress.

Here is LP Main Character “MushroomMan” with almost completed texture maps.

I made for now only models because I’m not in mod to do some scripting and other necessary things for a game, but i’ll do this.

Any critics or suggestion is more than welcome.

@@Joystik_Studios

IS SPEECHLESS
No way. May I ask how you do the textures? And also the title could be Moorsum World or just Moorsum (Moorsum is Mushroom backwards without the H). Feel free to use that name and change it if you want.

Hi, I actually love your idea for Name. I’ll definitely use it. Ty!

For textures I use various technique, baking maps, some painting with diffrent brushes in photoshop and 3D model, etc.

I just finished textures for Main Character.

Nice work texturing looks great!

I must agree with Thatimster. Texturing is AMAZING! I’m sure you have had lots of practice, but would you please recommend how I could start out with texturing like that (without Photoshop, please)?

That’s really awesome work but, isn’t 10k tris (in the low poly version) too much for a “mushroom”? It’s the ideal poly count for human characters but for this one it seems that it has allot of useless details at some places.

I totally agree with you, but I don’t have to much time and will to play with polycount, al least is main character. :slight_smile:

P.S. Retopology is one of the worst, boring and time consuming thing ever. I actually hate this. :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh, man that is so creepy! Love it.