Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Hi,
    thanks to some feedback from other people I've managed to fix some major bug, which caused that on some machines shaders at application startup didn't compile.
    Current version Beta 0.0 is fixed.
    best,
    K

I used Gimp Insane Bump plugin. I got some pretty amazing results!

Hi, yes! you are right, Insane Bump is a great tool. To be honest I based part of my code on Insane Bump code
    I would like to inform that new version of AwesomeBump is available (see video for more details https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N27NLYaZi_A)

Something like this should find its way in as a Krita plugin.

I checked your program under Kubuntu 12.04 (Precise) and it does not work. I even tried to load the lib manually but it does not seem to like that neither.

Error message is: "./AwesomeBump: error while loading shared libraries: libQt5OpenGL.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory"
    But I can see the file ( libQt5OpenGL.so.5) and it is in the same directory. But installed is QT4. Maybe thats the problem. So I updated to QT5. (I installed all libQT5 und libQTOpen packages. (with all dev files) No luck.

Now the error message is: "./AwesomeBump: symbol lookup error: ./AwesomeBump: undefined symbol: _ZTI25QOpenGLFunctions_4_0_Core"

(

I have the original Gimp plugin version. When I try to download the zip window version from the link in the first post I get the message that theres "no such url on this server" How do I download the windows zipped version?
    Learning Blender - One mistake at a time.
    My Sketchbook : http://blenderartists.org/forum/show...c-s-Sketchbook

Have you seen this link?
    https://github.com/kmkolasinski/AwesomeBump/releases/

There is a windows version. But the gimp plugin does not run under linux too. But maybe I have the wrong gimp version.

But now I spotted my problem. I did not run the .sh file. So my problem is solved!Thanks!
    Last edited by peterling; 30-Jan-15 at 18:10.

Are you requiring people to have google account to download insane bump2.0.Because i get this error.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	guyone.PNG 
Views:	86 
Size:	199.1 KB 
ID:	360084

Originally Posted by Lostscience View Post
    Are you requiring people to have google account to download insane bump2.0.Because i get this error.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	guyone.PNG 
Views:	86 
Size:	199.1 KB 
ID:	360084
    No, it means that the web page doesn't exist.

For those getting the 415 error....

When you go to his google site main page, and see the Linux/Windows downloads together... *DON'T* click the words and try and download. You will be redirected to a page with a blue download button that pops up, this apparently is broken or something.

*INSTEAD* click the little down pointing download arrow to the right of said words on main page.

At least.... it's what worked for me.
    -Charlie

Thank You So Much !!

I just have one problem. When I try to load a 16K or 8K image the program lags up, then becomes essentially unresponsive.

Here are my system specs:

CPU: AMD FX-8310
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 960 SSC
    RAM: HyperX Fury 8GB

Any updates from - omarblender - on insanebump plugin for gimp ??!

right now I model in blender, texture in wings3d - gimp.

@mkk12259
    AwesomeBump is ... well ... awesome : Thank you for this tool ! Do you plan to make a gimp plugin for the upcoming Gimp 2.9 ? It would make your app very convenient to use (not that a standalone version isn't) and well, I would love to see this. Or maybe there is already one I didn 't heard about ?
    - - - - - - -------------------- - - - - - -
    Plan B : Stick to Plan A until it works

I have win7 with gimp 2.8 It says "Program cant start cause Irricht.dll is missing. I found the dll and put in every dll place doesnt wrk. wats up

I fixed

I had the 2. series instead of the 1.0 thank you very great wrk man

When I run it on Windows 10 everything works properly however whenever try to load another image Insane Bump standalone collapses

Working in my CPU I7, Windows 10 x64, GPU Nvidia GTX980.
    1.Toggle camera with "C" sometimes requires multiple tries.
    2.Loading a new texture after one was already loaded crushes the application.
    This is a great tool! Thank you very much!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234