Sculpt stroke on curve or grease pencil?

Hello again, I’d like to write an operator that would take a grease pencil stroke projected on a surface, or a curve (potentially - that may be more complicated than necessary), and do a sculpt stroke along the length of the grease pencil stroke, using the current brush and the brush’s current settings.

This would emulate the same type of behavior in 3D-Coat, which uses curves that can be created on the fly.

Bumpity bump bump, look at Frosty go…

Anyone have any ideas on this? I still don’t have any. I think it would make a terrifically useful addon, but I don’t have any ideas about how to actually implement it yet.

Cool, just found your bitbucket page. Looks like you figured it out!

Awesome Bitbucket. Thanks especially for posting the Blender keyframe movement tool. It works perfectly.

Regarding your initial request for grease pencil behavior suggestions:

I would really like to see the grease pencil incorporate some vector based editing tools like. Using beziers/nurbs eventually achieves the same thing, but vector drawing tools feels superior for drawing beziers/nurbs.

Hi some issues here on 2.76 RC OSX 10.10.5 with addon v 1.0, while drawing on object with grease pencil and even while converting it into a bezier curve, same issue on a Windows 10 with same release:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/Users/atelier/Library/Application Support/Blender/2.76/scripts/addons/sculpt_stroke_on_grease_pencil.py”, line 112, in execute
brush_stroke(stroke=stroke)
File “/Applications/blender-2.76-rc1-OSX_10.6-x86_64/blender.app/Contents/MacOS/…/Resources/2.76/scripts/modules/bpy/ops.py”, line 189, in call
ret = op_call(self.idname_py(), None, kw)
TypeError: Converting py args to operator properties: SCULPT_OT_brush_stroke.stroke error converting a member of a collection from a dicts into an RNA collection, failed with: TypeError: Converting a python list to an RNA collection: keyword “size” missing

Yeah, I haven’t updated that in a while. I was getting some weird behavior with it anyway, like the stroke happening in the wrong place altogether, so I kind of gave up on trying to sort all that out. That sounds like it might be an easy enough error to fix, but I just don’t have the time to take a look and find out right now, unfortunately :frowning: