Report Broken "Online Manual" Links

In the right-click menu on (almost) any button is an “Online Manual” link. While useful, many of them don’t work - but that’s where you come in!

If you ever stumble upon any of these broken links, just let me know in this thread. It’ll show an error in the info bar similar to
No reference available ‘CyclesRenderSettings.seed’, Update info in ‘rna_wiki_reference.py’ or callback to bpy.utils.manual_map()

In the next couple weeks I’ll be fixing as many as I can.

No reference available ‘DistortedNoiseTexture.nabla’, Update info in ‘rna_wiki_reference.py’ or callback to bpy.utils.manual_map()

No reference available ‘CyclesRenderSettings.device’, Update info in ‘rna_wiki_reference.py’ or callback to bpy.utils.manual_map()

No reference available ‘CyclesRenderSettings.feature_set’, Update info in ‘rna_wiki_reference.py’ or callback to bpy.utils.manual_map()

No reference available ‘RenderLayers.active_index’, Update info in ‘rna_wiki_reference.py’ or callback to bpy.utils.manual_map()

Better automate this, looks like theres 4 bad links,

Script output:

The commit:
http://developer.blender.org/rB75ca7b85b5fb8d822ac8ea21f2d408d6ba3328f6

@jandress - we can generate a list of missing links too if this helps (wrote that check some months back).

Generated link coverage:

… note, the aim isnt to link everything!, it would be way too much work, just link whats useful. and you can use wildcards to avoid listing every item one by one.

Indeed, I’d first like to aim at using wildcards to at least get everything pointing to something, even if it’s not the best wiki page. And then refine it all later to better pages.
That script should be helpful, thanks :slight_smile:

I’d still like people to report the broken stuff - that’ll give us an idea of what’s a priority (more commonly used features), and what people want specific info about (I have no idea what Nabla is/does myself)

In the Properties panel, all of the icons (Render, Layer, Scene, World, etc.) show this type of error.