Mercedes Benz SSK 1929

Hi everyone, this is the result of a verry long project (67 hours) done with blender 2.68. Apologies for the several flaws into the shading but I’m a beginer and I try to learn in self-educated (apologies for my bad english too). I love this car since I was a kid that’s why I decided to build it and that was a verry good experience for the modelisation with a lot of tricky part, small details even if the result is too clean for my opinion. If you want to know more about this project, please visit my facebook page : https://www.facebook.com/artefactprod.fr .

Render settings:
Nvidia GeForce GTX 660 M
About 50 minuts at 300x300/tiles
Cycles rendering engine
1000 samples

1 Like

The making-of will come…

beautiful work, one of the best cars I have seen modeled, great job!

O_o I didn’t expect so much, thank you verry much, you motivated me to continue working 3D rather than do my homework :stuck_out_tongue:

I cant agree more its marvelous , keep it up Flow

C’est très bien modélisé et le rendu est bien aussi. L’angle de la caméra pour la 4ème image parait incorrecte, en jouant sur la longueur focale tu devrais arriver à un rendu qui met en valeur toutes les parties de la voiture. Pour le sol, tentes d’ajouter une réflexion et trouve une texture avec une meilleure qualité. De mettre le world tout noir rend les réflexions moins réalistes, mets le d’une couleur ou trouve une image HDR(en la masquant dans le rendu)Bref, la modélisation est parfaite, rien à dire, mais tu pourrais l’améliorer en modifiant l’éclairage et en faisant plus de post prod. La deuxième image est fantastique :slight_smile:

This is well modeled and the render is very good too. The angle of the camera for the 4th image looks incorrect, by playing with the focal length, you could get a render that explores all the parts of the car. For the ground, try to add some reflection and to find a texture with a better quality. To put the world completely black makes the reflections less realistic, if you find a color or a HDR image(by masking it in the render) you will get nicer reflections. To conclude, the modelisation is perfect, nothing to say, but by changing the lighting setup and post production you can get an awesome result. :wink:

Thanks, its verry motivating :slight_smile:

LeopoldCdeC, merci à toi, je n’ai pas eu la chance d’être admis dans les écoles de 3D pour lesquels j’avais postulé (à cause d’un dossier scolaire moyen dirons nous :P) alors tes conseilles me sont d’une aide très précieuse pour continuer à m’améliorer. J’ai fait le choix de mettre le world tout noir pour tenter de focaliser le regard sur la voiture et booster les contrastes avec la carrosserie surexposé. Pour que le sol se fonde dans le world sans avoir a installé de cyclo, j’ai du appliquer un plan de très grande taille et j’ai bien peur que tu es raison sur le fait que ma texture (source CGtexture) ne soit pas assez grande. J’ai pensé a l’idée de l’image HDR mais je me suis dit que ça pourrait paraitre incohérent d’avoir des objets dans la réflexion alors que le world est absolument vide. quoi qu’il en soit, Merci beaucoup pour ton aide.

Beautiful Beautiful BEAUTIFUL…one of my favorite automobiles (much more than just a car)…yes maybe too clean but it is a museum piece…and if it were ever to appear on Blendswap…

Leopold....if your remarks are so exclusive ....use PM please.

Thanks, Yeah, I agree, it is not a car, It is a Lady. And for blendswap, my work is not really tidy, i’ve 592 objects wich are named in french, and more than million polygons. But I can do it.

Great work, this is one of my favorite cars.

But I can do it.
…Well if you do please let me know (PM would do) would try to rename the parts…don’t use other’s models as a rule…but for this …Who cares for rules!

Looks Great, the only thing that kind of throws it off a bit is the wheels. I like them, but they look kind of like plastic sometimes. Also In one pic the wheel looks a bit flat on the bottom, and in the same pic the glare from the lights on the fender takes away from the shape of it. But even with that I give it a thumbs up, great work.

Belissima! :smiley:
Congratulations. Five stars, for sure.

It looks amazing

Jayd, SuperGeek, CCTrevis and RapidChopper, tkanks a lot, its verry motivating.

Fantastic! Modeling, materials, rendering, everything superb!

somehow I missed this… whoops. Looks great! the only thing bugging me is the second picture. Might just be my personal preference, but why is the image cropped so close to the car? still, looks great.

The crisis guy ! Saving paper :slight_smile:

Job well done my friend, job well done!