[addon] Mesh Deformer

hi:
this addon is for binding a mesh to another mesh,the binded mesh shape will changes as long
as the master mesh shape changes.and this addon doesn’t need the two mesh to be closed,because it only calculates the point Distance。and don’t need the deform object envelop the other one。

note:
the object_origin of two mesh must be in the same position。
you need to select two mesh at the same time ,otherwise the bind button will go gray。
(addon is only for windows)
video:

update(20140319) :
1: now it’s able to deform the shapekey
2: it can choose how many points to bind to the master mesh
3: improve the Algorithm so that it deforms the mesh as desired

----20151123----

----update20161109----
1:add the weight map to influent the mesh vertices that you want to derform.
2:add the option of global or local,if set to globle this will caculate the global point distance, default is global.

----update 20170225-----
add a feature of vertex weight maps projection.
that means you bind a mesh you alse bind all the vertex weight maps to the master mesh. when you update the weight maps master mesh, the slave mesh will follow.(note:this weight maps binding algorithm is accurate mesh surface binding not the building auto weight binding,you even don’t need to modifer the weight maps again)

IMDJS_MeshDeformer(20190308).zip (566.1 KB)

windows OS only)

I tried to install it but on activating it returns error, maybe is it for Windows only (I’m on Mac OS X)?

Is it able to make use of deformations of the master object produced by shape keys? This would be very interesting and useful to me.

Thank you!

paolo

yes it’s only for windows,it can’t use the shape keys of master object to deform the binded mesh at present,becourse the dll
Dynamic library was written in c code and I don’t kown how to access the shapekey data from an object pointer yet ,but I will try to make it possible。

And what is that useful for ?

Kind regards
Alain

e.g I have a base human body,and it has many shapkeys,if I make a cloth for the body,now I can use this addon to make my cloth fits all the shapkeys of my human body.though this addon is still not as good as I want.

So, if I understand correctly, it should follow transformations of the master via its shape keys, no?

I hope you will be able to make it also for OS X, if only for completeness.

Thank you anyway.

paolo

OK, you see that I don’t do characters :wink:

Kind regards
Alain

@sourvinos
I 'm not in an OS X system, so I can’t compile the .c file in OS X , however this addon is not perfect yet It need to be improved.

Thank you!
No, not me, maybe someone else could compile it, I will follow for your progresses anyway.

Regards,
paolo

update to 0.1.1,now it can deform the slave oject from master object via shapekey Completely.
also it can trasform the shapekeys from one object to another even the two objects have different
points.

Woaw! sounds great ! It is a bit like a mesh deform modifier but working with shapekeys too
Just eager to get a Mac version…

Woaw! sounds great ! It is a bit like a mesh deform modifier but working with shapekeys too
Just eager to get a Mac version…

I’ve been waiting for something just like this for quite a while. Thanks!

this is definitely my must-have script, but its not working with the official 2.7 RC1 win 32 bit. it raises many errors when trying to enable it from preferencies and doesent want to be enabled. should i post the error messages?

I am also having trouble getting this to run… I’m using 2.69 on a Windows 7 64 bit machine.
Imdjs, which version of Blender do you have this running on?

I have updated the addon to blender2.70,and add some function。if still have problem tell me 。

cheers

This is great! Very useful for me. Thanks!

Hi,

how is this different from the mesh deform modifier ?

Hadrien

this addon doesn’t need the two mesh to be closed,because it only calculates the point Distance。and don’t need the deform object envelop the other one。

I see ! I didn’t know there were such limitations with the mesh deform modifier (haven’t used it a lot yet).