problem with UV Unproject add-on, numpy, scipy

ubuntu 12.04, blender 2.69, scipy 0.9 (installed manually), numpy 1.7 (shipped with blender)

I’d like to check out UV Unproject add-on http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~m_collett/blender/uvUnproject.html but I get errors related to scipy (scipy, numpy are required by the add-on).

>>> import scipy
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<blender_console>", line 1, in <module>
  File "/home/netrieb/Blender/2.69/scripts/modules/scipy/__init__.py", line 85, in <module>
    from numpy import oldnumeric
ImportError: cannot import name oldnumeric

The blender’s numpy has no oldnumeric in its folder so I tried numpy 1.6.1, this older version includes “oldnumeric” but now I am stuck here:

ImportError: cannot import name multiarray

P.S. Numpy import is without errors.

Does anybody run Uv Unproject at Blender 2.69? If so which versions of numpy and scipy do You use?

Blender ships with numpy now? I can’t find it in my copy of 2.69.

I have (manually installed in my user preferences, under 2.69/scripts/modules) numpy 1.7.1 and scipy 0.12.0. The current release of UVUnproject works for me in 2.69 with these (on OS X 10.8). As always, make sure that the builds of numpy and scipy you are using are for the same version of Python as Blender (currently 3.3); this is much more important than whether the scipy version number is 0.9, 0.12 or 0.13.

Best wishes,
Matthew

Thanks for the reply

numpy and scipy you are using are for the same version of Python as Blender (currently 3.3)

I realized I have scipy for python3.2 so I will compile for 3.3 and see if it works.

Blender ships with numpy now?

It is included in linux blender version even unittest is there, I don’t know why it is not in MAC package.

regards