script request (if possible): triky motion blur

here it is the simple question:
is there an alternative way to archieve motion blur effect in animation, different from the actual one?

the blender-integrated motion blur works great but it is so slow that it is unusable for animation.
i’m wondering if there is a way to obtain such an effect faster, maybe loosing quality or with a worst interpolation(let’ s say using frame 1, 5 and 9 instead of 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9),or someting triky that can simulate motion effect.

any idea?

You could try rendering only object you want motion blur, with motion blur on, and render the rest without it, and put the two together in the sequencer.

Might speed it up.

Switch off OSA. The motion blur effect merges frames together creating an OSA effect. This can speed things up a little.

thank you, i alredy know about these tricks, but i was hoping in something more…(when a vectorial motion blur??)
doesn’t matter,after all i can wait :slight_smile:

Wait for what? Is there any plan to implement vectorial motion blur (or something similar) in Blender? :slight_smile:
Env

i don’ t think so.
the meaning was : “i can wait 4 my render to complete, slowly, on my pc”

Try using the Sequence editor, as described in the tutorial/doco for the logo where the wireframe box is blurred. Simply put, render your video without blur to targaset1. Render just the object you want blurred to targaset2. In the sequence editor, add in the first targaset1, and then a few frame or two BACK (earlier), add in targaset2. Link targaset2 as a child to strip targaset1 with a CROSS or ADD filter, and blender will blend in the image of the box where it was (eg. targaset2 frame 42) with the image of the scene (targaset1 frame 43). The resulting pic will be a blur.

Keep adding strips going back in time and you can get some really neat effects, like blurs of the object moving around corners, etc. You can even render targaset2 with different lights (more reddish if moving away from camera, bluish if toward) to get the Red Shift effect.