Panel adds in all tabs

I have a addon that needs to be in the tool shelf. This works fine with Blender 2.69, since there is just one tab. Blender 2.7 comes with several tabs though. And now the same addon adds in all tabs.

I am still a rookie when it comes to Python. What can i do to install it in a specific tab? And what happens with all the old scripts that uses the old method?

Examplescript:

import bpy

# ----------------------------------------- create isometric camera
class createtrueisocam(bpy.types.Operator):
    """Creates a mcamera for mathematical correct isometric view"""
    bl_idname = "scene.create_trueisocam"
    bl_label = "TrueIsocam"
    bl_options = {'REGISTER', 'UNDO'}

def execute(self, context):

# ----------------------------Create Camera with correct position and rotation
        bpy.ops.object.camera_add(location=(30.60861, -30.60861, 30.60861)) 

object = bpy.context.scene.objects.active
        object.rotation_euler = (0.955324, 0, 0.785398) #Attention, these are radians. Euler angles are (54.736,0,45)

# ------------------------------Here we adjust some settings ---------------------------------
        object.data.type = 'ORTHO' # We want Iso, so set the type of the camera to orthographic

bpy.ops.view3d.object_as_camera() # Set the current camera as the active one to look through

return {'FINISHED'}

class MyPanel(bpy.types.Panel):
    bl_label = "Create IsoCam"
    bl_space_type = "VIEW_3D"
    bl_region_type = "TOOLS"

def draw(self, context):
        self.layout.operator("scene.create_trueisocam")
# -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

def menu_func(self, context):
    self.layout.operator(createtrueisocam.bl_idname)

def register():
    bpy.utils.register_class(createtrueisocam)
    bpy.types.VIEW3D_MT_view.append(menu_func)
    bpy.utils.register_class(MyPanel)

def unregister():
    bpy.utils.unregister_class(createtrueisocam)
    bpy.types.VIEW3D_MT_view.remove(menu_func)
    bpy.utils.register_class(MyPanel)

if __name__ == "__main__":
    register()

Attachments

It will appear in all tabs if there’s no bl_category set. This class member is used in 2.70 for the tab grouping.

http://www.blender.org/documentation/blender_python_api_2_69_10/bpy.types.Panel.html?highlight=bl_category#bpy.types.Panel.bl_category

See e.g. this diff:

https://developer.blender.org/file/data/s2627edz7hjrssuuqmnz/PHID-FILE-qdfmz3ouyr2647bi6p7u/panel_categories.diff

Thanks CoDEmanX, i just stumbled across it before a few minutes. ’ bl_category = “Tools” ’ in the class MyPanel did a miracle. Another riddle solved. ^^