Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Surf (Current Version 0.76)

CURRENT VERSION - 0.76 (Updated 7th January 2015)
    Download/GitHub Repository - https://github.com/Takanu/Surf/releases/tag/0.76
    (click the source code button at the bottom to download)
    Installation Instructions - Unzip the download, and install the file, "Surf.py" in your Blender add-ons library.

Credit to Eclectiel for originally creating the plugin up to version 0.60. (Original Thread) http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?178175-Arrays-Sketching-script-(v0-6-alpha)&highlight=array+sketching)

This plugin is for quickly creating and modifying meshes constrained along a curve, using Grease Pencil strokes and curves. It's useful for 3D conceptual art and organic modelling, and is compatible with Blender 2.70+.

PLEASE NOTE - Due to some convention changes with the object name suffixes, objects made in 0.70 will not work with 0.75. Sorry :/

0.75 Changes
    - Objects can now be edited after creation live, using the Edit Selected Objects tick box
    - Origin Tools have now been added
    - Tilt Controls have now been added (ensure you have Edit Selected Objects ticked to see this menu)
    - Sketch Objects can now be created from curves instead of Grease Pencil strokes. Just select the curve when creating the stroke.
    - Convert to Mesh has now been added
    - Most bugs have been killed... >:)

Bugs Left
    - A bug where UI panel objects can become drivers (they have a purple tint when this happens). Until i find the bug, right-click the item and select, 'Delete Driver' to resolve the issue.
    - A bug where the Normalise button for tilt controls resets the tilt on the object, but not the variable.
    - One or two other things I'm forgetting.

If you encounter any bugs, please post them on the Array Sketch GitHub page (https://github.com/Takanu/Array-Sketch)

0.75 Controls.png0.80 Roadmap.png
    Last edited by Crocadillian; 30-Jun-15 at 12:08. Reason: 0.76!!!

Congratulations, Master +Crocadillian!
    A great tool and your sharing is a blessing! Thks.
    Bye bye
    Words are Images that loosed Light!
    Linux Mint 18.1 Serena Bi-Quad Intel 2.66Ghz x64Bytes - Nvidia OpenGL GT 630 4Go-vram

please some videos of overview.

Thanks Spirou4D :3

@RoN, i'll make one later when more tools are added, but for now theres a video in the original thread base by the original creator, that shows how the plugin works and what it can do.
    Last edited by Crocadillian; 12-Mar-14 at 05:15.

yahoowww thank test i love what i'm seen

Thanks, Crocadillian, I will test it tonight. Btw, the old merge/retopo/ metaballs convert thing was giving really bad results in terms of topology. Plus, I find this more useful for hard surface modeing and distribution of objects along a curve. In that particular instance applying the array modifier with merge verts on or off(depending on the particular case) seems to give the best results. So I think that the remesh option should be optional and should act only on selected (or maybe on the objects that are generated and controlled by the strokes on the same Grease pencil layer?!)
    will se tonight how your version is implemented. Thanks and keep the up good work!

@Crocadilliam
    i'm getting an error can you provide an small description of the process
    arrays bug.jpg

I think this is the only context issue I haven't fixed, sorry for the confusion!

To create a Stroke object, do the following:
    - Add the object you'd like to use as a brush in the Brush area, either using the arrow to use the selected object as a brush, or by typing in the object name.
    - Draw using the grease pencil (Hold the D button, click on the screen and start drawing :3). Make sure the line is visible before you try to create it.
    - Hit the Add Stroke button, and it should generate the stroke.
    Last edited by Crocadillian; 12-Mar-14 at 13:28.

When i go to the dropbox download page, it tells that the file has been removed ?

@Crocadilliam
    ok i have i figure it out how it work nice here is a reference for your implementation
    http://www.allesimfluss.biz/index.php
    - would be better if the generated object in real time while sketching something like the reference
    - use blender workplane transform orientation and angle constraint like the reference

those are some ideas thanks for your effort

another bugs is when i generate the stroke sometime it add driver to the transform panel in the npanel or in the stroke size sketch setting

@Sanctuary - Thanks for letting me know, i've changed the link and it should work now. Tell me if it doesn't.

@kakachiex2 - I'm considering a similar feature for real-time creation of Curve Objects, called Curve Extrude, although it would work more like a real-time curve extrusion tool, as I doubt i can actually script a real-time version with the Grease Pencil alone. As for your second suggestion, this tool isn't designed to integrate into Editing Tools sorry, it's focused on creating and editing singular Curve Array objects.

As for that driver issue, it's a known issue and I currently haven't worked out how to fix it, although i'll have it fixed by 0.75.
    Last edited by Crocadillian; 12-Mar-14 at 14:50.

- brush and start cap is working but when i select the end cap give the following error, but it work wen i selected in the modifier stack
    - the orientation bush, start cap, end cap are incorrect how do i change it
    here is the error screen and a blend file for you to test the object are naming in the order they are A, B, C
    - B brush body
    - A start cap
    - C end cap
    http://www.pasteall.org/blend/27510
    arrays bug.jpg

and Crocadillian very thanks this tools is so usefull

hey Crocadillian a nice idea how about using the skin modifier to generate over the grease pencil, the skin modifier is more easy to manipulate an it work with all the modeling tools and you can generate bone immediately and sorry for bother you with those idea

Originally Posted by Crocadillian View Post
    @Sanctuary - Thanks for letting me know, i've changed the link and it should work now. Tell me if it doesn't.
    Thank you, this new link works perfectly.

got the same error as of the one of kakachiex in post #13, so consider it confirmed.

@kakachiex2 - The attributes of a brush can't be changed using the Array Sketch UI once a Curve Object has been created, although I have that feature planned for a later version. You've picked up a new error though, thanks for letting me know. If i have time, i'll fix it this weekend with some of the other current bugs.

Don't worry about feature suggestions btw, that actually sounds like a good idea. Ill look into it :3

EDIT - It's fixed, found it was just a last minute typo :x. Download the updated script at the top of the page.
    Last edited by Crocadillian; 13-Mar-14 at 01:37.

well, this time it works.
    some feedback:
    the options in the sketch settings panel should be interactive, so we can edit them after the creation of the new sketch...

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast