Artwork by Mikael Kallioniemi

Hello, My name is Mikael and I’m from Sweden. In this thread I will post everything from digital illustrations, traditional paintings to custom designs, ranging from WIP to finished projects.

It would be great to get some constructive criticism on my stuff from you guys. I think the hardest thing is, to find your own style and in recent years I think my imagination is getting worse and worse.

I have also recently started with 3D, and I think it’s great, but I have more experience in 2d:p

The Hyundai Coupe is made in Photoshop, same as the WIP Ferrari. Angelina (Tomb Raider) is made in Sketchbook Pro on my phone, Samsung Note 2.

Inspired by the artwork from GTA V I tried to do something similiar. Done in Photoshop.

Some interior design. Very hard but fun to do, especially the floor. Made in photoshop. I have used photo reference of a design that is not mine.

Black Widow aka Scarlett Johansson from the Avengers. Painted in photoshop.

Landscape painting made in photoshop. Very inspired by Makoto Shinkai.

Some quick landscape doodles. Used Krita and Photoshop.

This is a comic drawing I have made. Started with a sketch, then inked it and then scanned and colored in Photoshop.

Johnny Cash, brushes (acrylics) and markers (posca and promarkers) on canvas.

If you want to see how I made it, watch this!:

Wow really like all your stuff, That car looks like it was done in a 3D program that is great, I like the landscape type of art you done also.

The Johnny Cash picture is awesome, I find real faces very difficult to reproduce. I saw the video on Johnny Cash(and avengers another awesome picture) really appreciate it. Also great music in back ground :cool:

What can i say- i am sincerely inspired by all of them since most are arts i’m still struggling to learn Esp. with the ones on Scarlette Johansson and Johnny cash. Thanks for sharing the video btw

Buriaofplague - Wow thanks, glad you like it. I will try to do more stuff, like the cars in 3d instead of 2d. I love working with landscape paintings, but would probably have to work more with reference images.

Yeah, real faces are very hard to do. Glad you like my videos and the music in them too :slight_smile:

The1Erick - Thanks for your kind words. Glad to hear that I inspire you:)

Here are two pictures I’ve been working on lately. The first character is very inspired by Snake from Escape from New York, the girl is just something I painted from my head. The girl is painted on my phone with sketchbook pro and the guy in photoshop.

New traditional painting. Bob Dylan, made with acrylics and posca markers.

Great, great, greaat!!

Nice work! I would have thought the ones of Angelina and Scarlett were photos.

These are incredible! Great work !

Wow, thanks man!:slight_smile:

Thank you!! :slight_smile:

Thanks, thanks, thaaanks! :wink:

Alot inspiration, so much artistic too ! Specially Scarlett and Johny.

Great job !

Thanks man!:slight_smile: Im glad that you feel inspired by it!

Here is a picture of Brittany Murphy, done mostly in Krita, added the final stuff in Photoshop.

And one with the Jokerx2, done in Photoshop

A sketch of a fox, done in photoshop, trying something new, more cartoony style

Welcome to the forums and awesome work!

With such strong fundamentals I can’t wait to see how well you transition to 3D:)

Thanks man, just wished I hade more spare time for learning 3d.

Did a concept landscape in photoshop