North American AT-6 Texan

I plan on doing several paint schemes for this bird since it had so many variations. This variation is described below.

“This AT-6D was stationed at the All Weather Flying Center in at the Clinton County Air Force Base, Ohio. It was used in thunderstorm research during October 1947.” (text from AT-6 Texan In Action by Squadron/Signal Publications)

Attachments

Staggering detail, and the materials look pretty spot on. The only thing that looks a tad off to my eyes is propellers normally pick up small chips in the paint along the leading edge. Great job though!

Hi,

nice to meet you here :wink: nicely done, have you some others views/renders ?

@amspace - thanks, yeah I can improve the texturing in some areas. I agree.
@ookka - nice to see you on this forum (and on Mil-Meshes). Here are a couple more renders at different angles.

Attachments

Very nice, aluminium/metal surfaces are great. Have you think to make a post WWII french version (ground attack, air support) ?

Thanks ookka. No French versions yet, but working on some other schemes. Here is another render.

Nothing fancy but I think it works better this way. Also add prop blur and pilot(s).

Two versions…standard and convertible.

Sky background courtesy of Przemyslaw “BlueShade” Idzkiewicz
May 22, 2005. Released under Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 2.0 Generic license.

Attachments

Nice detail work, especially in the cockpit. Nicely done.

Great job on modeling and texturing this. It’s amazing how “model like” vehicles like this look with a studio setup like your original posts, and then you put them in an outdoor environment and they look so much more convincing.

super cool render , great model . Congratulations .

@harleynut97 - Thanks! It is amazing the difference when HDRI environment is applied to same textures. Makes a big difference.
@yii7 - Thank you. It’s a long process when it’s only a hobby.

Very well done on the last one ! I would have made the bank stronger but it is more aerial like this. Maybe a little bit more contrasted too ? BTW, amazing work.

[edit] Sent you a PM (and stars ;)) [/edit]

@ookka - Thanks. Your recommendation on the contrast made me go back and tweak a bit. Increased contrast, played with Hue and Color balance a bit too. And thank you very much for the stars :smiley:

Attachments

Wow!!!

yeah nice renders :smiley: I love the detail you put into the models… could you also give wires capture I’m just curious thankx

Congratulations, Peter!
A next beautiful bird to your collection :slight_smile:

Congrats for the feature row ! Well deserved. Glad to see my advices help you on contrast.

Hello, ladies and gentlemen!
Nor can anyone answer whether this is important for me and many people question? Is it possible to create a global render farm and its satisfactory operation, tens of thousands of remote computers located in different parts of the world, and if these computers can be different brands from different manufacturers as it offers one of the international network of companies GNetwork? [Http://www.gnetwork2014.com/p/blog-page_6673.html]
Or is it a scam?
Thank you in advance, Vitaly

Yes, looking good. Beautiful work on the modeling and texturing.

That very good!!, it is staying very well. I am reminded to an my old work that I did in Maya (in 2006/2007) http://www.cg-node.com/showthread.php?174-Hawk But your model is more detailed!!, good job!!.

Lovely work.

What references did you work from? Is this a one off, or do you have an interest in aircraft?