Instant IK/FK snap from Rigify

Looking for someone to rip out instant IK/FK snap and turn it into an add-on for any rig, where artist can enter participating bone names into GUI, instead of hard coding it.

Potentially paid gig.

That’s odd. No one ever worked with animation / armatures before?

No one familiar enough with coding and rigify before…

if it is paid, you could try to contact Cessen himself, he may be willing to work with you

Well, for once, Cessen is busy with his work and real-life and whatever else he might have on his plate. So I am pretty sure he simply won’t have time to work on this.

I looked into Rigify’s code and it’s pretty clear where and how snapping happens. I am just not a programmer to isolate that code, and make it into standalone add-on.

Still looking…

Hi motorstep !

Not sure i clearly understand your needs…
Do you need a “magic” button witch create for you the IK<>KF snapping (UI+math) ?

boby

Edit: Just re-read the Rigify code. It’s really clear and well commented, probably not really difficul to transform in add on (even if it ll probably needs some tweaks about stretch, depending on the input rig).

Edit2: just realize i didn’t answered your initial question ^^. Have no time this month to work on it, but should be ok on june if no one already did it.

I suspect that magic button and math already exist, but for Rigify rig, and when running that add-on.

What I need is to get that code, that does snapping and magic buttons, out of Rigify add-on, and make it into standalone add-on, that doesn’t depend on Rigify.

This way I can editor code (first stage of implementation) of the add-on, replace old Rigify’s bone names with my own (pertaining to bones in my rig), and run add-on. And have magic buttons that work with my rig.