Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: BoolTool 0.2

Honestly it is not a problem for me if i have to enable Cycles (only a few clicks), maybe to spare you the trouble of editing your addon code you could just add in the addon description (i mean in the user prefs -> addon panel ) that Cycles is required for it to work.

Anyways, thank you for your work the addon is fantastic !

Great work ! Really useful.

Great work!

BoolTool 0.2 Release

Hi, thanks for all comments and suggestions for the last weeks i have been worked in this Toolkit, so this is the newest version of the BoolTool add-on and have a huge improvement in many areas.

What's New?

UI Redesign:

• It's designed to scale for more features that are coming so now we have three panels:
    • Operators show the operators that you can use, they are global and can be applyied for all selected objects at once.
    • Properties show the properties of the active object and its specific functions following it type (Canvas, Brush or Both), they function are applied to this active object
    • If the object is a Canvas it will show a Brush Viewer Pannel to handle the Canvas Brushes annexed and others Modifiers Stack order

Direct Boolean Operations:

• This don't make Brushes, instead it apply the boolean operators directly between the objects
    • You can use the Hotkeys CTRL + SHIFT + Plus/Minus/Asterix of Numpad to apply the direct operators

Draw Poly Brush:

• Poly brush is a tool to Draw Masks in 3Dview and apply it as a Brush to the Object, it's faster than make a cube, edit edges and so on just to make a simple form that will be used as a brush

Toggle Enable:

• Now you can Enable/Disable a Brush in the Brush Viewer or in the Brush Properties

AutoConvert Curve:

• If the object is a curve it autoconvert to Mesh, this way you can use Curve Objects with Bevel as a Brush (Warning, when you turn it a Brush it will be converted to a a Mesh and will lose the Curve properties)

Experimental Fast Transform:

• Fast transform rewrite te G/S/R Hotkeys to a custom one that can handle Brush objects changing it visibility and apply it on the canvas only in the final of the manipulation, this way we can get a fast transformation using High Poly Brushes. It's a experimental Feature and only works good with only one brush on it ( There's some lags when you have a high poly brush applyied and try to handle others )

Remove All and Remove Brush:

• Now you can remove only a brush or remove all brushes
    • "Remove Brush" now is "active object" oriented so you can't remove all selected Brushes at once. It's slower but more consistent and intuitive in the UI
    • If you want remove all use the Canvas function " Remove All"

Apply All and Apply Brush:

• Now you have separated functions to apply only a brush or all modifiers
    • "Apply Brush" is "active object" oriented so you can't apply all selected Brushes at once. It's slower but more consistent and intuitive in the the UI

Brush Viewer:
    • To Select a Brush in the Brush Viewer, just click on it name or icon

Feature Demo Video:

Example Demo Video:

How to install:

• Open the Download
    • Click in the BoolTool0.2.rar to open it (do not save it from here)
    • Click in "View RAW" button to download it
    • Save in somewhere and Unzip
    • Open Blender
    • File -> User Preferences -> Addon -> Install from File
    • select the BoolTool.py file
    • Enable it in the Addon Panel
    • Be Happy

if you have some suggestion, work using BoolTool or doubts please let us know.
    Last edited by vitorbalbio; 03-Jun-14 at 12:41.

Looks awesome. This addon would really flourish if Blender would allow custom icons for addons.

just tested it, that draw poly brush is cool.
    you are a level 18 wizard

man, thanks, i'll add it to my favourite addons !

for the draw poly brush if you could make it
    so that it exposes the "size" parameter after the polygon is created.

as it is now if you create a draw poly over another object its hard to select it
    maybe you could make it so soon after you complete the poly it gets selected by default.

Originally Posted by holyenigma74 View Post
    for the draw poly brush if you could make it
    so that it exposes the "size" parameter after the polygon is created.
    Select the PolyBrush object and see in the BoolTool Properties Panel. You will see a Poly Brush Size parameter there

as it is now if you create a draw poly over another object its hard to select it
    maybe you could make it so soon after you complete the poly it gets selected by default.
    The Poly Brush is selected and the canvas is the active, this way you can apply the BoolTool operator immediately after draw it, after that you can change it size.

Some way to see Boolean type of selected brush, is it Union, Intersection or Difference. Maybe should add that text to brush name or Properties panel.

Really cool addon, vitorbalbio! Seems to be well thought and makes our life in the studio much easier!

Just one thing: please don't upload rars to github! Make the development open on the platform by committing your *py stuff. This way it's much easier to do pull requests and develop with you... tar'ing and uploading tars is not githubs way of developing stuff.

Cheers, Thomas

Originally Posted by JuhaW View Post
    Some way to see Boolean type of selected brush, is it Union, Intersection or Difference. Maybe should add that text to brush name or Properties panel.
    Look at the icons, they are subtly different but are a little indication of the Type. It's now ideal i know but is the more consistent and minimalist way that i found for now. I Tried to use more text indicators but it turn the too much confuse. As PLyczkowski said to use custom icons would be nice.

Just one thing: please don't upload rars to github! Make the development open on the platform by committing your *py stuff. This way it's much easier to do pull requests and develop with you... tar'ing and uploading tars is not githubs way of developing stuff.
    You're right about it, but for many users the git versioning is too complex to handle. I will think more about it all
    Last edited by vitorbalbio; 03-Jun-14 at 15:58.

I don't know if i'm doing something wrong, but i can't find the buttons to see the real shape of the object instead of the cubic placeholder.
    On the video you have them here :

But in my test i only see that :

you need to enable it in the user preferences bool tool
    (press the small arrow to expand the bool tool properties in the user preferences addons menu)

Thanks, i see it now didn't thought of looking there first, but it does not seem to do anything if it is enabled or not

it only works by using the key commands.. ex. g for grab(translate), s scale, r rotate. etc..
    it doesnt work when you try to move it with manipulators
    **edit** also make sure after you enable it in the user preferences,
    that you press fast Vis button for brush! the icon will change when its enabled.
    Last edited by holyenigma74; 03-Jun-14 at 20:03.

This is genius i especially like the brush function, hat down

I can't extract last version from rar archive - on different archive programs I have the same error - cannot extract...

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast