Hi, what type api/function or coding do u need for a save/load system

thank u for taking the time to read this…

there’s been a few post on save/load systems… Monster had written one

but I’m interested in writing the code myself… to fully understand the system myself/flexibility…

can someone point on the type of api or coding that I need to use to achieve this…

besides the import function… what else should I look on…

basically im doing a game that have the character travel to a few places… I would like a save system

currently am figuring out either to use a save anywhere or save at specific location system… also figuring out if autosave should be put in…

thanks again for reading this

If you don’t want to use existing resources, then you should do some tutorials on Python file I/O. You will have to figure out how to take your game state and save/load it from a file. You might also want to check out the Python ‘pickle’ module. That helps convert Python objects into streams that are easier to save in a file.

ok thanks for replying… if i want to ask about healt python scripting… can I ask it here? or must I open another tab

In general, you should make a new post for each specific question. That way your title matches the question you are asking (you will get more eyeballs) and the thread can be self-contained (will be more helpful for people searching the topic). If you are doing this for a BGE game then you should consider posting questions in the “Game Development and Discussion” forum since there are lots of Python questions there. It has been my experience that this forum tends to have more people doing Python to support artistic efforts and the game-dev forum has more people interested in interactive, BGE issues.

Don’t post the same question in both forums, pick one.

To repeat myself, you are better off with a bunch of threads about specific questions rather than trying to start a single thread that has a bunch of open questions.