All music at soundimage.org is now free for commercial use

Hi everyone,

I’ve decided to make all of the music on my site free for commercial use as well as noncommercial. Just please credit me properly as detailed on my homepage.

If you decide to use one or more of my pieces, a donation would be greatly appreciated…any amount you can swing would be helpful.

As always, thanks for your feedback and I hope you find something you can use.

Eric

24 Likes

Hey Eric, care to share why you made this decision?
Was it too much hassle to issue and enforce licences? Or perhaps not as much demand as you were hoping?

1 Like

I did it mainly to streamline the process and make the music accessible to a wider audience. The site is still very new…it’s only been up for a few months (as opposed to other sites that have existed for years)…so it’s hard to gauge how much demand there is for my music yet. I’ve received a lot of positive feedback, though, so I must be doing something right…lol.

If you have any suggestions for getting the word out, please don’t hesitate to share.

Thanks,

Eric

1 Like

Content creators are rather spoilt for choice when it comes to free-to-licence good music for non-commercial uses.

Have you thought about also putting your music on established music websites (I often use The Free Music Archive)?
By ‘going it alone’ I imagine these would be your biggest competition (for those who actually bother to care about licenced music), whereas you could expose your tracks to their audience.

1 Like

Eric,

If I might suggest, perhaps you should change your licensing to one of the Creative Commons variations. Not so you’ll make money, but to protect you in case of some legal bullshit down the road. I can’t give you any examples, but I’m sure someone could.

Also, you don’t want to end up like the guy who got talked into selling his disk operating system for a mere $50,000 to Microsoft.

1 Like

Actually, my music always has always been licensed under creative commons. It was originally licensed under Creative Commons by Attribution for Non-Commercial, but I changed it to Creative Commons by Attribution. (The CC symbol appears at the bottom of each page.)

But thanks…I appreciate it.

Eric

Yeah, I’ve got some tracks on Sound Cloud, but I should probably look into some others.

Good advice…thanks.

Hi everyone,

I’ve added some new pieces to the following pages:

Fantasy / Game Music

Drama

Nature / Science

Enjoy!

Eric

1 Like

Hi everyone,

I’m in the process of expanding the site with new pages/genres of music and wanted to reach out and ask you if you had any suggestions for genres/styles/feels of music that would be helpful to you.

I have some ideas of my own, but I’m sure there are all kinds of styles I haven’t thought of.

All suggestions are welcome and very much appreciated.

Thanks,

Eric

Hi everyone,

It was brought to my attention that pretty much any music on my site could potentially be game music…(not just the music on the “Fantasy/Game Music” page)…so I’ve gone ahead and renamed that page “Fantasy.” None of the pieces have moved, though…everything is still in the same place.

That said, I have some new tracks for you on the Fantasy page as well as the Drama and Upbeat pages.

I hope they are helpful,

Eric

I’ve added some new pieces on the following pages:

Dark/Ominous
History
Sci-Fi/Space

Hope they are helpful,

Eric

Hi everyone,

I’ve added some new pieces on the following pages:
Action
Fantasy
Nature/Science
Sci-Fi/Space

I hope they are helpful,
Eric

1 Like

Hi everyone,

I’ve posted some new tracks on the following pages:

Sci-Fi/Space
Quiet/Peaceful/Mellow

I’ve also received a number of requests for longer pieces (in general) so I thought I’d begin creating longer versions of some of my tracks.

If you all have any thoughts about tracks of mine that you’d like to use, but wish were longer, please let me know. :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Eric

Wow this is Super great very good thread thanks alot, i always had problems making action tracks of my own will most definitely take a look thank u again :)And ERic plz let me know which one are your tracks id love to take a look at them :slight_smile:

You’re very welcome…all of the music on the site is composed and performed by me…so all of the tracks are mine. :yes: I hope you find some music that you can use. I can also create custom music if you need it.

Thanks,
Eric

Hi everyone,

I’ve posted new pieces on the following pages:

Action
Fantasy
Funny/Quirky/Weird

As always, your feedback is welcome and much appreciated.

Thanks,
Eric

Hi everyone,

I’ve created a bunch of new tracks and uploaded them onto the following pages:

Drama
Fantasy
Sci-Fi/Space
Nature/Science
Urban

I hope they are useful. As always, your feedback is welcome and appreciated.

Thanks,
Eric

Hi everyone,

New tracks await you on the following pages:

Fantasy
Sci-Fi/Space
Quiet/Peaceful/Mellow

I hope they are useful. As always, your feedback is welcome and appreciated.

Thanks,
Eric

Hi everyone,

New free tracks are waiting for you on the following pages:

Fantasy
Funny/Quirky/Weird
Nature/Science
Quiet/Peaceful/Mellow

Have a great week,
Eric

Hi everyone,

New free tracks are waiting for you on the following pages: