Help!!!!Trouble Importing Math

Hi everyone
I got a new computer, and for some reason, I cant import the math library. I type “import math”(no quotes) and it gives me this error in the command line:

File "Text", line 1, in ?
ImportError: /usr/lib/python2.3/lib-dynload/math.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I searched but couldn’t find any answers, can someone help me? I’m using Gentoo Linux on AMD64(64-bit OS) and I have the latest python(2.3.4). I could do this exact thing on my laptop with no problems. Thanks in advance :smiley:

does your computer have that file?

and do you have the rights to execute it?
[would be really weird if you didn’t, but it would cause that error]

Thanks for replying :smiley: The file is there, and all users can read and execute it. I have no idea what the problem is, can someone help me? I already reinstalled python, which doesn’t work( I mean reinstalling it, python itself works). Thanks in advance :smiley:

How about:

import Blender
from math import *

%<

Nope, I still get the same error.

can you start python and from the interactive prompt mess with that module?

It works when I use it in the command prompt. I think there is some problem with my python being 64-bit and my blender being 32-bit. I can’t emerge the 64-bit version of Blender though. I might post on the Gentoo forums :smiley:

Blender 32bit and 64bit are from the same source code, you should have to compile them accordingly.

Martin