Nectar : Media Center Bar (exterior & interior)

Hi,

Here is a personal project of a media bar. It’s far from being finished, I could have added more and more stuff but it took me enough work and I have to switch to something else, so I consider it as finished.

Everything modeled with Blender 2.7
Rendered with Octane Render Standalone on two GTX580
Each image took less then 1h, sometimes even less then 30min in 2400x1200
Lit with sunlight and and HDR map all together thanks to the new Octane 2.0
Lot of instances for the greenery.
Some postpro mainly to improve lighting.

Attachments

1 Like

Stunning work! 5 stars, definitely deserves feature row in my opinion! :smiley: How did you composite the people in so well? I try with my renders but it always looks fake.

WOW! As always, fantastic work! 5 stars :slight_smile:

a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a!!! amazing!!!

Wow 5 stars from me…anyway we could maybe get a tutorial?

As always, inspiring and awesome!! 5 stars isn’t enough for this much work

Crazy amount of details, and jaw-dropping work on the textures/materials! It might be a bit too grungy for my taste, but thats just my preference. The only thing that sticks out a bit IMO, is the water coming from the fountain outside, it looks a bit off.
Otherwise everything is just super, and the nature really looks fantastic.

Can I ask why you use Octane? Is it too hard/impossible to get these results using Cycles?

Again, really inspiring work that definitely deserves a spot on the top row!

Another amazing project.

I am a bit curious about the polygon count and texture resolutions for your projects. It must be hard trying to squeeze everything into 3GB memory at rendertime.

Sweet idea and architecture. I love the feeling you get from the environment, a clean solid look. ★★★★★

Sheer awesomeness. Wow!

Nothing left to say. Really great work. Each details have been worked hard to achieve a robust and accurate. It definitively give the impression that this bar actually exist. The light is maybe sometime to bright but it´s matter of taste.

I am very impressed. but the piano looks a little grungy, is the only thing that doesn’t work for me.
Edit: I knew it! Congrats on the top row.

Exceptional job on this, with both the interiors and exteriors. You certainly deserve one or two of those beers after finishing this project.

I’d love to hear more about how you did your landscaping, because it came out wonderful. Also curious if this was modeled after an existing building, or did you dream up this design on your own?

greate job

Great work. Outstanding!
I`ve remembered “Syberia” by Benoit Sokal

Hi everybody and thanks for your nice and warm feedback,

Wega : I’m pretty sure Cycles can produce the same result but you know once you are confortable with a solution, it’s hard to change, I have my habits and for now I don’t have time to start a new learning curve with another product, one day maybe …

NinthJake : No secret, the only way to make such a scene filling into 3Gb is to use instances as much as possible and to find the good compromise between geometry accuracy, texture size and expected quality and believe me I’m always closed to the edges :wink:

Harleynut97 : The landscape is made using intances (4 different trees) and grass, everything is scattered on the terrain using blender particles. The background is a 360° billboard with a wide image. No the building doesn’t exist, as often it started with a cube and let my imagination leading me to the final result :wink:

very very good, as always!

that 3gb memory limit, makes me really unconfortable. xD

Wow! I could swear it’s a real photo. It’s look so real and inviting that I can’t belive I can’t just go there…

The master!!!
Simply WOW

Really great as always!