Help I can't use my meshes!

Hi,

I was trying to make a game, but I couldn't figure out amatures, how to make the camera follow the character vertacly, and the game engine is just slow. So does anyone know how to convert blender files to C++ source code?

Thanks

that is what, 4 questions? [and the subject doesn’t tell me which one you want answered]

uhh, what couldn’t you figure out?

you use the action window [instead of the ipo window] when animating armatures, then use an action actuator [instead of an ipo actuator] to play the animation of your armature

bones in armatures deform vertex groups in a child mesh with EXACTLY the same name.

Vertex weights are averaged, if a vertex is in three groups, and in each of them with a weight of 1.0, then each corresponding [to the groups] bone will have only 1/3rd of the deformation effect on that vertex.

uhh… look down on the character, but maintain the same rotation around the global z axis?

you’ve lost me there…

yes, yes it is

you really need to be lots more specific

techically an array of hex chars is valid c++, though it will not be useful for you at all.

so, what kind of things are you trying to do in c++? only static meshes? do you want textures? do you want ipo animations? do you want armature and armature animations?

I think you’d be best learning how to load from some format, such as obj [for static meshes] or md5 [for armature deformed meshes]

also, you could write your own exporter, but exporters for animated meshes with skeltons and animations aren’t very easy.

all of them

the amatures I followes the derections in the book exactly, but the mesh diddn’t move in pose mode, but it did in version 2.24.

when I go up a hill I see the caracters but, I want the character to be at eye level, how do I do this?

for making games, I have books on C++ graphics, camera, and eight on programing, I just need the meshes, and I don’t know how to use .obj files.