Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    Another go with A Nightly Walk in the Park

Less noise and a more accurate translucent material for the lamp (unlocking the secret to a good brute force SSS).
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0507b - A Nightly Walk in the Park.png 
Views:	12 
Size:	1.78 MB 
ID:	507668

Definitely a league beyond the original years back

Name:	0507.png 
Views:	10 
Size:	1.34 MB 
ID:	507669
    Sweet Dragon dreams, lovely Dragon kisses, gorgeous Dragon hugs. How sweet would life be to romp with Dragons, teasing you with their fire and you being in their games, perhaps they can even turn you into one as well.
    Adventures in Cycles; My official sketchbook

For Christmas; The Merry Christmas scene has been revisited and enhanced (the usual with new tonemapping and upgraded materials, microdisplacement, a couple of texture changes, also a change in the lights). This was originally made in 2012.

Name:	0534c - Merry Christmas.png 
Views:	10 
Size:	1.46 MB 
ID:	509215

Looks far better and with far less visible noise to boot, have a wonderful and merry Christmas
    Sweet Dragon dreams, lovely Dragon kisses, gorgeous Dragon hugs. How sweet would life be to romp with Dragons, teasing you with their fire and you being in their games, perhaps they can even turn you into one as well.

Brass Object Gallery has been updated with filmic-based tonemapping, denoising, and updated materials (that also means no burnout anywhere)

Name:	0619B.png 
Views:	9 
Size:	1.53 MB 
ID:	510195

The Slit-Light Room has also been refined with less fudging of the Filmic color transform (eliminating the burnout) and improved lighting details thanks to Cycles' new auto-RR termination (which in turn allowed BPT to become a practical choice).

Name:	0533C The Slit-Light Room.png 
Views:	8 
Size:	1.20 MB 
ID:	510196

Happy New Year to all.

Hi...

Happy New Year....Ace Dragon

I like Your work.

Tai

Hiding Placed; Remixed and Reloaded got a facelift.

Among the improvements is the filmic-based tonemapping (meaning better illumination of dark areas while reducing burnout), and added detail in materials and geometry. That's not to mention the fact that once again, there is next to no noise.

Name:	0522C - Hiding Places; Remixed and Reloaded.png 
Views:	9 
Size:	1.25 MB 
ID:	510421

Just got done with new revisions of Hinted Keys and Corridors of Intrigue

Basically, not a lot of change, but a good example of what happens with more correct material and filmic-based tonemapping (and better denoising technology, one through the denoiser and one having to be denoised using GIMP's technology due to the reflections).

Name:	0573B - Hinted Keys.png 
Views:	6 
Size:	1.30 MB 
ID:	511175

Name:	0607B - Corridors of Intrigue.png 
Views:	7 
Size:	1.59 MB 
ID:	511176

I love the rays shining through the ceiling's grid. It gives the room a super excellent mood. Gotta love filmic for that. It just gives a much better result for many things. This one also could be used for some kind of ancient sci-fi concept environment. It reminds me of SG-1 and Gou'ald style "temples." Nice job.

A new revision of Rectangular Light Room is done.

The colors are bolder and the image is brighter overall (while retaining a somewhat dark look). I still had to use a lightpath traced transparency trick for the light enclosure material (due to the image taking too long to render otherwise), but any resultant bias was dulled a bit by doing the trick based on the ray depth (so in a sense, scalable fakery depending on how long a render I can tolerate).

The revision was also helped greatly by the new displacement culling (halving the required memory despite a slightly higher dicing rate). Bump textures were also added to really get a rougher look for the walls (and the denoiser did a good job in revealing detail that would otherwise be lost in the noise).

Name:	0616B-Rectangular Light Room.png 
Views:	5 
Size:	1.65 MB 
ID:	513153

Also, another area where the new camera culling for dicing really helped was finally allowing me to render out this view of one of my Dragon models with full detail (yes, the camera is in his mouth).

Name:	Cycles_Dragon3_5c.png 
Views:	5 
Size:	1.38 MB 
ID:	512888

There's no actual scene to go with it, so it's not an official image. Still, getting the full detail was not possible until that commit. Even then, a dicing rate of 1.5 in 2.79 would've left no room for a scene (24 gigs used, a far cry from master using 12 gigs at a rate of 0.75). For reference, I often target a rate of 0.75 if possible (produces a very noticeable improvement over 1.0, but diminishing returns kick in for values even lower).
    Last edited by Ace Dragon; 27-Jan-18 at 17:11.

Copybot 3000 - My first totally original work in a while, a mechanical marvel that has a printer for a head and spews out reams of paper whenever it feels like it. The bot was initially made in a 'T' position and posed using armatures, it was also quite nice to have the new bevel shading as it allowed me to add some detail by way of kit-bashing rather than trying to actually integrate them into the model.

Overall, I liked how it turned out, the overall surrounding scene is essentially a curved surface and some floating lights (the intent was to make it simple).

Name:	0624 - Copybot 3000.png 
Views:	7 
Size:	1.02 MB 
ID:	514262
    Last edited by Ace Dragon; 05-Feb-18 at 12:59.

I've been banging on The Slit-Light Room for way too long, but I discovered that the layered glossy shader for the walls had a serious inaccuracy and I had to re-render the thing. I also noticed along the way that the lighting accuracy is severely impacted when you make use of the smooth parameter in the "light falloff" node (which not using brought out shadows and reflections otherwise missed).

Name:	0533D - The Slit Light Room.png 
Views:	4 
Size:	1.55 MB 
ID:	516038

That does look better than the one in #183

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910