remaking a kids luxury room - Finished

hi

this my latest free time project, trying to recreate a luxurious kids room.

the result with no post processing:

and the original reference:

any tips to improve the scene, comments and critic are welcome.

You image is quite dark. Other than that it is quite nice.

thank you, it will definitely get brighter after postwork, also it’s hard to make it lighter with window light only.

Looks good. The mayor issue to me is the curtain, the folds are " unrealistic"; try to follow the reference.
You can improve the material of the sofa where you sit: looks stiff and too much bump.
I would remove the “knot” covering the floor lamp.
Maybe give a theme to the room: in the original there were butterflies, in yours maybe hearts (as the wallpaper) adding a couple hearth shaped cushions and changing the painting.
Then let flow inside much more light: with some area lamps, etc or also in postwork…

The mayor issue to me is the curtain, the folds are " unrealistic"
recreated it, see the update down.

You can improve the material of the sofa where you sit: looks stiff and too much bump.
surely bump is too much, i toned that down.

I would remove the “knot” covering the floor lamp.
this still unfinished, trying to figure how to do the front part :slight_smile:

the original there were butterflies, in yours maybe hearts
or flowers?

heart shaped cushions and changing the painting.
yes, modeled still needs a good fabric texture.

with some area lamps
the problem is they tend to remove reality, but i enhanced the lighting in the update.

the Update:

keep the comments coming, thank you.

Great improvement!

Do you have an emissive plane outside the window that lights the scene? If so, I think you should tone the indirect lighting of it down and partially replace it with a smaller light-source, to get harder shadows. Notice in the reference image at the bases of the chairs and table, the shadows are a lot less soft compared to your image.

yeah, the original image lighting is very hard, which is taken with a great camera and post processed.

outside i have a sun lamp, and mesh light the size of the window which is very close to it.
inside i have an area lamp the size of the window which is very close to it, to add more light and keep the shadows intact.

i wonder how the original one get these sharp shadows with light dissipating through the under curtain sheets?

this still unfinished, trying to figure how to do the front part :slight_smile:

That is a very tricky thing to model well enough :smiley:
The curtain is not yet convincing to me, especially becouse seems like it’s already “fully extended” on the top. I would try to give more evident folds.
I think you can “cheat” more with lights/shadows and at least brighten up the area lamp inside the window, inside the room it’s yet too much uniform, compared to the reference picture.

The main light you use to light the room (mesh light and area light) is too big, that’s why the shadows are less defined. The sun lamp should be lighting the most. Also make sure your mesh light can’t cast shadows, because if it is blokcing the sun lamp what is the point of having it then?

The curtain is not yet convincing to me
true, true, i’ll try to re-fold it.

I think you can “cheat” more with lights/shadows and at least brighten up the area lamp inside the window, inside the room it’s yet too much uniform, compared to the reference picture.
yes i can.

The main light you use to light the room (mesh light and area light) is too big
i totally forgot about that, and sticked to the idea it has to be the size of the window, i’ll update soon -iAw-

Also make sure your mesh light can’t cast shadows, because if it is blokcing the sun lamp what is the point of having it then?
yes i checked that.

thanks for your comment guys, it makes it worth it.

Cozy Modish Luxurious Beige Kids Bedroom has design with good feeling, combine the fresh and trendy intonation can be produce good Bedroom although on a narrow space.
This fantastic bedroom trend is an amazing tone with light adornment that create this bedroom more gorgeous. Good bedroom design doubtless have to touch of art. This Luxury Bedroom Design Sets Rest In Simple With Pretty Plan has admirable scene by develop the inventive idea with remake the item, then compose the good bedroom style.

@Rebortseniya: i guess english is not your main lang? sorry i couldn’t get what critic you are aiming at, but thanks for commenting.

i’ll update soon -iAw-

Do you have a full room (geo)? It looks like you aren’t getting enough bounce light (compared to your reference). Make sure you have walls behind your camera to bounce light off of or maybe even fake it with a emissive object. I would also push more light through that window… crank it up! :slight_smile: That curtain should be translucent also so you get the effect of light behind it shining through.

Your reference image is also over exposed. You might want to try to play with the camera exposure also to make it match. Sometimes simulating those mistakes can make your image more realistic.

Very nice image!

Do you have a full room (geo)?
yes

I would also push more light through that window
it’s impossible to push through it more light -and i crank-ed it up very high-, so i use an area lamp in front to assist the light and to not introduce new shadows, most of the light gets sucked by the white under curtain, it’s a translucent one.

Very nice image!
thank you, please see the update down.

new update, better lighting, textured the new toys, better curtain i think!

You really nailed the curtain!

cool :slight_smile:

But I think the cube lamp on the ceiling looks a bit strange

@BjarkeDuDe: thanks, good to know the curtains is better.

But I think the cube lamp on the ceiling looks a bit strange
please explain how it looks strange, thank you.

if no other critique on the render, then i’ll move to post processing -iAw-

Curtains are much better but can be improved especially if you put a texture affecting translucency, etc, seems like you manually modeled them?
Lighting is ok but not yet there (if you wanted to emulate the reference)…i tried to recreate the scene, you can see much more light is flooding the room, without postpro: http://www.pasteall.org/blend/31708
On layer 1 there is the cloth simulation i used for the curtains (no collisions and self collision, i spent too much time without obtaining good results, just wind), layer 2 the whole scene with curtain slightly modified: render this layer.
Don’t forget the bow :wink:

@@mik.a:thank you for the scene, i already got these results, but i needed to add an under curtain which reduces lighting, i modified the scene you’ve made with my case.

also you have better curtain indeed, thanks.

here is the modified scene:
http://www.pasteall.org/blend/31738

Well, if you want more light you can add another area lamp between undercurtain and curtain (adjusting the strenght), or modify undercurtain material using light path node. I think camera ray is enough: just do a mix between the undercurtain material and a trasparent with factor driven by camera ray.
What i don’t understand is why chairs and table are casting nearly no shadows on the floor…