Page 154 of 154 FirstFirst ... 54104144152153154
Results 3,061 to 3,076 of 3076
    It would be awesome to have an AN compatible with webvr a-frame! Lot of Work probably of course...

AN_mesh trail fail.jpg

Hi all,

I've been digging into animation nodes the last few days, loving it and the possibilities but I do keep coming up against problems that I can't solve - I've attached a picture of an attempt I've made to create a trail from a sound driven line that I hope to use to generate an on the fly landscape of mapped music. It's mostly working but if I leave it to run, then the memory starts to fill up pretty quickly and the whole thing grinds to a halt. I have tried using the 'list slice' node to truncate the vertex position and edge indices list but although they start sensible and in line with what I'd expect from the setup (20 vertices, 19 edges) when I let it run, these really get out of line and I get a lot of invalid mesh flash ups...

I'm not sure if I'm simply approaching this wrongly or that there's a better way to truncate a growing mesh, any insight would be helpful as I've googled, read all the post titles on the stack exchange tag, and read a fair amount of this thread...

cheers,

Chris
    Last edited by krupa; 14-Oct-17 at 06:16. Reason: Image was inaccessible

U should try to upload the image again, its not accessible.

I would like to know if someone could help me with the following thing, with the help of the Blender + Animation Nodes Tutorial - Create a Plexus/Ubertracer/IK particles effect tutorial on youtube I've been trying to make something similar. In the first frame of action i would like the target to display all the edges of the mesh (like target.002 is displaying) and start deforming from there. Can anyone help me by explaining how to get there? Please have a look at the file;

1r.blend (AN 2.0.4)
    'Not obsessing about absolute precision would also be wise. This is polygonal modeling which is approximation, and the precision required is for visual purposes. In other words, not a CAD.' - JA12

Cheers Ray, I may never have known

I've sort of worked out how to truncate the mesh, was a (more or less) simple set of maths nodes to get the difference between the edges and vertices t what it should be - realised that each iteration of the line needed one more less edge (if that makes sense...)

however, on trying to render this out, it's clear that im fundamentally getting something wrong as what is generated each frame in render is somewhat different to how it plays back - should I be putting some method of evaluating this per frame into the mix?

I've added another screenshot below, it plays back fine and I can do a viewport render of it all good but when I render with cycles, the trails seem to be unstable, I think it's as though it's running continually, really think I'm fundamentally making a mistake...

Chris

AN_mesh trail_not rendering.jpg
    Last edited by krupa; 14-Oct-17 at 11:07. Reason: Adding image

Ray,

I had a look, it's a difficult one as it looks like you'd need to specify each edge to get the result you wanted, way past my knowledge...
    Last edited by krupa; 14-Oct-17 at 11:33.

This is probably a stupid question, but how can I download & experiment with the 2.1 branch from github? Or is that for developers only? Also, thanks Jacques & all contributors for your work on this fantastic add-on.

I've been trying to make this technique work over the weekend but think I've got something fundamentally wrong in my understanding of how animation nodes works... It works exactly as I want live in the viewport on playback and even when I do an opengl render, but when I do a cycles render the lines seem to be all wrong, if anyone has a moment and can tell me where I might be going wrong it'd be ace,

cheers

Christian Krupa
    Attached Files Attached Files

any way to set font text to use many font files from diskfile?

I know we can set font for TEXT in blender's TEXT panl, then we select the font in AN's "Font input". But what if we try to change font for every frame by using 10 or more TTF files, in this case, it is better to set font by using fontfile name

thanks

So I've been hacking away at this juicy wee problem, Jaques let me know on stackexchange that my principle error was that I was using feedback loops which is a proper nono as it is not deterministic per frame...

I've tried a few ways now with no perfect solution in sight.

a. Alembic - export to this and reimport, works pretty well but introduces a layer of save and commitment to a 6k + sequence which is probably what I'll have to do as nothing else I've tried will actually get the job in hand done...

b. Use an instanced single vertex particle system as an inter frame storage method - great! thought I'd got a solution with this (thanks Jimmy Gunawan, one of your myriad videos...) It works pretty well, you can add physics to the mix (a little bit of gravity flattens the landscape as you pass over it, lovely touch)... BUT, damn thing crashes on render with an exception on different frames each time, booo!

c. I just thought I'd got clever and it seemed to work one time in render but then I tried again and it was different - I made another object to act as a container for the vertices and made that the input to be added to the line but I guess it's basically no different and I end up with odd results again...

d. I initially tried with lists, just now with instanced empties instead of particle systems but I keep running into the feedback loop thing, I need to

Make a line dance to the tune
    Copy that line and move it
    Repeat
    Delete old lines (so that the system doesn't slow down)
    Turn the lines into something renderable

I'm pretty much getting there, loving the results I'm getting and the learning experience but definitely stuck on the feedback loop thing. I've attached the crashy particle version here if anyone wants to see it...
    Attached Files Attached Files

Originally Posted by Oyster View Post
    any way to set font text to use many font files from diskfile?

I know we can set font for TEXT in blender's TEXT panl, then we select the font in AN's "Font input". But what if we try to change font for every frame by using 10 or more TTF files, in this case, it is better to set font by using fontfile name

thanks

Not sure if this is the way you expected. Just preload fonts then define fake user for them, making sure they can be loaded after reopening.

not exactly, I mean to use fonts without preloading but something like glob.glob('c:/windows/fonts/sim*.ttf') since I am too lazy to check which font is on my local harddisk and to load it in Blender

Code:
    expression node:
    bpy.types.BlendDataFonts(r'c:\Windows\Fonts\simhei.ttf')

bpy_struct._new__(type): type 'BlendDataFonts' is not a subtype of bpy_struct
    Last edited by Oyster; 30-Oct-17 at 00:20.

Hi,
    I am trying to instance an object over a grid mesh. However, my goal is to instance it only over the points that are overlapped by a text object. So far I have managed to achieve that by running a loop over all the grid vertices and checking if the point is inside the volume of the text object. But I canít seem to filter the vertices list with the switch condition in that loop. How do I only output the vertices inside the text object and ignore the other vertices?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Screen Shot 2017-11-04 at 9.43.28 AM.png

Hi Leon,

please can you fix Archimator for Blender 2.79.

Blender from Today (Win 64)
    Archimator_v6.1
    Animation_Nodes v2.0a Python 3.6 Windows (running smoothly)

Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "D:\Blender\2.79\scripts\addons\animation_nodes\ex ecution\main_ex
    ecution_unit.py", line 38, in executeUnit
    exec(self.executeCodeObject, self.executionData, self.executionData)
    File "execution: 'ACMT_X-COLLAPSE'", line 19, in <module>
    File "group: 'Naming with Suffix'", line 24, in main
    AttributeError: 'RNA_Types' object has no attribute 'an_TextListSocket'
    Font Selector settings loaded

Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "D:\Blender\2.79\scripts\addons\animation_nodes\ex ecution\main_ex
    ecution_unit.py", line 38, in executeUnit
    exec(self.executeCodeObject, self.executionData, self.executionData)
    File "execution: 'ACMT_SETTINGS'", line 19, in <module>
    File "group: 'Archimator Settings'", line 90, in main
    AttributeError: 'RNA_Types' object has no attribute 'an_GenericListSocket'

it would be cool to have a vertexgroup output. Something like dynamic paint, but live Is something like this planned, or is it possible already?

Hello all,
    I try to launch this example from Scripting interface Blender 2.79 with animation nodes 2.0 (Windows 10/64)
    taken from this url : http://animation-nodes-manual.readth...t/part_1.html#

but got this error at line 2 :
    SystemError: Parent module '' not loaded, cannot perform relative import

import bpy
    from ... base_types import AnimationNode

class TemplateNode(bpy.types.Node, AnimationNode):
    bl_idname = "an_TemplateNode"
    bl_label = "Template"

def create(self):
    pass

def execute(self):
    pass

Thank you for your help!
    Last edited by Database_Scene; 18-Nov-17 at 11:46.