Page 101 of 152 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,020 of 3034

Thread: [Addon] Animation Nodes

Rubic cube example looks awesome but it is too complex for me to understand. Anyway I wonder are there any plans to includer ray casting nodes in AN? Like those:
    https://www.blender.org/api/blender_...bject.ray_cast
    https://www.blender.org/api/blender_...HTree.ray_cast
    https://www.blender.org/api/blender_...Scene.ray_cast
    I think those could be useful for eg. faking bouncing from surfaces, placing objects on sufrace of another obj etc.

[QUOTE=JoseConseco;3010857] Anyway I wonder are there any plans to includer ray casting nodes in AN?

yes.

@Leon Cheung

many thx!

I have one more question. I have read some times that a subprogram cannot invoke another subprogram is that still the case?

@JoseConseco: The reason it's not yet in is that there was a bug in Blender. Due to this bug I wasn't able to fully implement it, because it crashed Blender. The bug will be fixed in the next Blender release (2.77), so afterwards I can merge the nodes that allow you to deal with BVHTrees.

https://developer.blender.org/T46520
    My Projects: Sniper Addon, Animation Nodes, Auto Completion
    You can support me on Patreon.

Hi guys. How do you bake keyframes for animated Cycles material so I can send my scene to renderfarm without AN addon? I have a AN setup where I animate some material properties.
    For object properties I can use "Set Keyframes" node to do that. I can't find a way to do that for materials.

Thanks!

Originally Posted by clankill3r View Post
    I have read some times that a subprogram cannot invoke another subprogram is that still the case?
    A subprogram cannot invoke itself.
    Otherwise can have loops in loops, groups in groups etc (see the templates for examples)

The only limits are regarding some nodes that should not be in loop/group: [obj instancer], [text obj separate], nodes that are creating and monitoring real blender data/objects and for that they have to be "real nodes" ..

Originally Posted by o.g. View Post
    For replacing "sort by distance to" with a "sort by direction" :
    - u get that direction / establish a Vector Input that can be set to 001 as Z or plug the polygon normal in it etc
    - use vector dot direction:

Code:
     sorted(object_list, key = lambda ob: ob.location.dot(dir), reversed = rev)
    Attachment 423830

Note that with the white button or name in the right panel can switch to normal input socks, just like any node

Wow! It worked perfectly! Thanks.
    It did cost me a bit to understand what you were talking about, but finally I got it.

Coming from ICE that is really disappointing. Just to be really sure and where not miss communicating here, something like this is not possible?

Screen Shot 2016-02-18 at 7.31.19 PM.png

Coming from ICE that is really disappointing. Just to be really sure and where not miss communicating here, something like this is not possible?

Screen Shot 2016-02-18 at 7.31.19 PM.png
    what is loop 2 doing?
    What is the actual goal?
    what is not working?

+
    you don't need the object list output (generator output), the objects in original (instancer) object list are moved by obj transform
    - you can connect to the original list or,
    - if for convenience you like having the out on MyLoop, you can simply hit "U" (or advanced panel) and have the obj list as output too

Originally Posted by eFe View Post
    Wow! It worked perfectly! Thanks.
    It did cost me a bit to understand what you were talking about, but finally I got it.

Err, actually I didn't quite underatand the initial question. as well as o.g.'s answer -_-|||. Maybe either of you can share more about it? Or an example setup?

Originally Posted by Leon Cheung View Post
    Err, actually I didn't quite underatand the initial question. as well as o.g.'s answer -_-|||. Maybe either of you can share more about it? Or an example setup?
    sorry I was not very explicit,
    guess his question was very specific so I somehow assumed he knows the expression node is the sorting one and just needs another formula

he was using one of your architectural animation (4?)
    and asked how to make it relative to the distance to a plane, not a point

so I gave an image and code for the expression node to sort by direction instead of distance,
    direction being the plane normal or just a vector ...

sorry I was not very explicit,
    guess his question was very specific so I somehow assumed he knows the expression node is the sorting one and just needs another formula

he was using one of your architectural animation (4?)
    and asked how to make it relative to the distance to a plane, not a point

so I gave an image and code for the expression node to sort by direction instead of distance,
    direction being the plane normal or just a vector ...
    Actually I know exactly what you mean. Just didn't see anything expected by trying that.... Prob I didn't get it at all.....

Ah, I got it. Hmm, Actually I've been refactoring the architectural animation setup these days, will finally put it here today. I used another way to do so. the "dot" way seems nice, I'll try using it in the upcoming one.
    Last edited by Leon Cheung; 20-Feb-16 at 00:18.

what is loop 2 doing?
    What is the actual goal?
    what is not working?

+
    you don't need the object list output (generator output), the objects in original (instancer) object list are moved by obj transform
    - you can connect to the original list or,
    - if for convenience you like having the out on MyLoop, you can simply hit "U" (or advanced panel) and have the obj list as output too
    It doesn't matter what loop 2 does, the goal is that loop 2 does something. That it just works.

Originally Posted by Leon Cheung View Post
    Based on what o.g. responded I changed/added the marked nodes in this screenshot.

Capture.JPG

And it worked perfectly!

What app can I use to make a screen capture to a gif so I can show you a sample of the animation I'm building?

ok. Here is a sample from the Architectural animation v4 setup modified (with o.g.'s tip, view my previous post) quick video capture from the 3D viewport.

Now my problem is try yo render this animation, each frame on my slow PC takes around 4hrs with CPU+OSL...

Has anyone successfully used animation nodes in a blend file containing multiple scenes?

I have a single animation node tree with just some translations rotations and object outputs, works fine. I created a couple of additional scenes in the file (no animation nodes in the new scenes). Some time later when I switched back to the AN scene, my animation nodes have stopped working. Autoexecute is on, python allowed in system prefs. Pressing the execute nodes button does nothing.

Deleted the other scenes from a copy of the file and AN tree works again. Append new scenes from a file, sometimes AN keeps working, sometimes it stops. Multiple tests appending the same second scene results sometimes in working AN, sometimes not. As far as I can tell there are no objects with the same names in the different scenes.

Can anyone shed any light on this behavior?

Edit: stranger and stranger. It seems that changing the name of one of the scenes (even with no objects from it in the animation node) will break AN. Change it back and AN is OK again.
    Last edited by jandress; 21-Feb-16 at 02:45.

It doesn't matter what loop 2 does, the goal is that loop 2 does something. That it just works.
    ok, but what is not working? (I've used such a lot)

Originally Posted by eFe View Post
    ok. Here is a sample from the Architectural animation v4 setup modified (with o.g.'s tip, view my previous post) quick video capture from the 3D viewport.

Now my problem is try yo render this animation, each frame on my slow PC takes around 4hrs with CPU+OSL...

Really? I would seriously look at optimising the samples in this scene. There doesn't seem like theres much that needs more than couple samples.
    Cheers, David ___________"awesome in space and other places".
    ________Follow me on twitter @3pointedit
    _____________ Check the Youtube Channel for tutorials. Or my Sketchbook

Hi,

When We can expect some really basic tutorials for AN? Apart from that, take a look at Houdini tutorial (below), this is SIMPLE, even for Houdini which I always consider hard to learn (yeah it was couple of years ago) and similar things in AN are just much harder to get. Imo because even if this is nodal version of scripting, it anyway is TOO HARD for an artist like Me. I don't know much about python, I can make some simple scripts for rigs with some help of tutorials, or make some simple buttons etc.
    In AN even following a tutorial I can't get the same results as in tutorial. Also in what stage AN actually are? What about merging with official Blender etc? I ask because I don't know if learning it now is worth the time.

Houdini example - https://vimeo.com/155978453
    adrian2608.weebly.com