Page 51 of 154 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 3077
    Originally Posted by Jacques Lucke View Post
    @julperado: Hmm this doesn't work because the curve nodes only work on the base curves you see in edit mode. The modifier is executed afterwards..
    This isn't easy to fix. Maybe we need some lower level curve nodes as we have for meshes. That would mean that we have socket types for curves, splines, bezier points, .....
    I'd very much like that! Ie, to have a curve data socket, just like you have a mesh data socket. And some spline sockets (bezier, nurbs, paths, .., whatever) may come in handy someday, too!

I'd be very happy to assist, however possible, in designing those sockets/nodes.

@guy lateur: Feel free to make mockups for some nodes and how they can be used in many different scenarios. I think you have way more into this topic, so some help would be cool.
    Maybe you can create an issue for that on github for an a bit more focused discussion on the topic
    My Projects: Sniper Addon, Animation Nodes, Auto Completion
    You can support me on Patreon.

Originally Posted by Jacques Lucke View Post
    @guy lateur: Feel free to make mockups for some nodes and how they can be used in many different scenarios. I think you have way more into this topic, so some help would be cool.
    Maybe you can create an issue for that on github for an a bit more focused discussion on the topic
    Ok, I'll look into that!

1. you guys are on a frenzy! it's fool moon or what?
    I made a node (go figure!) and trying some variations, but knowing it will be the hit of the month I'm thinking not to spoil the moment for you yet ( seriously, yet another topic.. later)

2. guy? voronoy? ... the force is strong with this one .. wow
    (as for Jacques I'd like to say "lucke, I am your user" ..)

on curves issues ( @guy @Jacques @julperado ..) :

3. the curve hooks don't work for default curve modifier also, so it's gonna be a bit harder ...
    Till the hooks will work (preferable), here's a setup for pseudo hooks (that works)
    teaser:
    pseudo hooks 1.JPG

and the blend with curve points pseudo hooks
    (and the promise that I'll study it a bit more, maybe towards script node rather than noodle soup)

4. the weird part are not modifiers, but shapekeys. In this curve shapekeys blend do following:
    -edit mode, select one base or shape key, object mode
    -edit mode, select the other base/key, object mode
    so on
    It seams to consider the last edit mode state, no reference to key influence etc
    I find this relation with edit mode really strange. And wonder why is this..

Originally Posted by o.g. View Post
    1. you guys are on a frenzy! it's fool moon or what?
    I made a node (go figure!) and trying some variations, but knowing it will be the hit of the month I'm thinking not to spoil the moment for you yet ( seriously, yet another topic.. later)

2. guy? voronoy? ... the force is strong with this one .. wow
    (as for Jacques I'd like to say "lucke, I am your user" ..)
    1. Can't see any moon, ATM -- full nor otherwise.
    Very curious about your node, obviously!

2. Just to be clear: it's 'voronoi'.
    And yes, this is a strong one..

Originally Posted by guy lateur View Post
    Very curious about your node, obviously!
    Stay in line for a good lough. Me, making node, these words together are enough of an event ..

voronoi or Voronoy can't wait .. till then I'll look for taylor cause taylor have not lived in a guitar era, so he turned to math

Originally Posted by knekke View Post

Attachment 344400
    don't animated gifs work here? watch it here
    Im having difficulties to reproduce this diagram with the actual nodes availables on the addon. Perhaps someone knows how can this be achieved?
    Last edited by pecador; 14-May-15 at 05:14.

Maybe there is something Im missing. But in theory connections between Object Mesh Info and Vertex Info and Polygon Info should be allowed.

nodes.jpg

On the actual version from Github, this isnt possible.

Update: Curve Nodes: Analytic Projection

Hi all,

I'm happy to say some updates for the curve nodes are now available on github!
    Test blend: curveNodes-20150514.blend

The main update is the addition of an analytic mode for the point projector:

curveNodes-20150514-Projector.png

Both an analytic and a sampled projector are included in the test blend, so you can compare them easily. This projection mode is also available in the revolve node when you select the 'Project Profile' mode for the revolve:

curveNodes-20150514-MeshGen.png

And finally, I removed the '& Morph' node variations for sweep and birail. The morphed version is now available in the regular version, through an optional End Profile input socket. So, eg, if you don't connect the end profile socket on the birail node, you get a regular birail; if you do connect it, you get a birail & morph. Same for sweep.

Originally Posted by pecador View Post
    this diagram with the actual nodes
    face instances.PNG

on the vertices issue:
    vertices is a list of vertex, vertex is one element,
    put a list/get element node in between to select the desired vertex out of the vertices list ..

truth is the colors are close in this mesh area greens, so that does not help.
    however, this list vs element you'll find all over the place

WIP: Height Function node

I thought I'd give you all a little sneak preview of another node I've been working on. It generates a mesh based on a function/formula/equation:

meshGenNodes-HeightFunction.png

It supports cartesian (regular) coordinates (x & y) as well as polar coordinates (r & a, or radius and angle). Depending on which coordinate system you're in, you'll need to supply a function in x & y (cartesian), or a function in r & a (polar). This function calculates the (cartesian) z/height at the given x & y (or r & a). There are inputs that define the resolutions, of course, and inputs for defining the ranges of the (running/driving) arguments/coordinates.

I might someday generalise this to 3 equations (all taking 2 arguments). You could even consider having some predefined functions/classes in a python file, and use that instead of equations. Please let me know if you have any suggestions on where this could be going. I'm also thinking about doing something similar for curves, btw.

These nodes aren't in the official github master yet, but if you like you can test them from my fork: https://github.com/guy-lateur/animation_nodes. Please note that these nodes are still in development, and should in no way be considered to be official Animation Nodes. I'll let you know when that happens. Just thought you might like to play around with them, in the meantime -- just don't go bothering Jacques about them .. Btw, the voronoi node is in there, too; both are in the Mesh category.
    Last edited by guy lateur; 14-May-15 at 14:41. Reason: link to voronoi node post + z = f(x, y)

To avoid such problems with lists and elements in the future, I implemented another 'auto-convert-rule'. Now, when you connect a list socket with the corresponding element socket, a Get Element node will be inserted automatically.

list to element.PNG

Some Updates:

Animation Nodes comes with a new panel now. It can be used to manually decide which sockets are shown and which are hidden. This is mainly useful to create cleaner node tree, because sometimes there are a lot of unused sockets. You will find the panel in the right sidebar of the node editor (after I merged it in a few days I guess, or test it by downloading the particle system branch).
    And guess what, this panel also works with all other node tree types in Blender (Compositor, Cycles, ..)

Additionally I added all available particle properties. Unfortunally many of them don't update as you would expect. Some values only update when you play back the animation forward.
    socket visibility.PNG

I merged the new stuff now:

particle menu.PNGmesh operator menu.PNG

btw: just if someone interested. We have 124 nodes now.

My god this addon has grown, id love to see some serious motion graphics done with it!

Originally Posted by o.g. View Post
    face instances.PNG

on the vertices issue:
    vertices is a list of vertex, vertex is one element,
    put a list/get element node in between to select the desired vertex out of the vertices list ..

truth is the colors are close in this mesh area greens, so that does not help.
    however, this list vs element you'll find all over the place
    Thanks for the solution.

However I find hard to understand those type of node setups, with loops involved, where connections go from left to right and from right to left. That way of functioning is not really conventional.

On the other hand after seeing your node arrangement I have noted that is divided in two parts. One for data setup and the other to define behaviour. Maybe this could help to someone starting to learn this addon.

Originally Posted by pecador View Post
    One for data setup and the other to define behaviour.
    the way you should look at loops is like a group,
    and reason for me to make that frame green like the loopnode, as if it's a window with what's inside of it

(visually it's still counter intuitive, while from a scripting pov it is an acurate representation )

@Jacques, thanks for the interesting particle nodes, yet another pandora box is opened, sadly...
    particle.jpg

I made a short video that shows some of the new stuff that guy and me added lately:

Awesome additions, thank's guys!

However I find hard to understand those type of node setups, with loops involved, where connections go from left to right and from right to left. That way of functioning is not really conventional.
    I'd also like to see a different way to show the loop nodes (hopefully just one node), maybe from the scripting pov makes sense to have it like it is right now, but it's really weird, and not intuitive at all :P