hide. mask and optimized display disabled

why do i get this error in blender 7.1?
hide. mask and optimized display disabled

2 Likes

You’re not going to let us see your scene setup by supplying a blend file ??

I got the same error today. Not sure but that might be a bug. The mask does not work for me if the mesh has any modifiers (or at least the ones I tried: subdivision surface and mirror)

I got it to work when I deleted the modifier.

2 Likes

Can’t confirm a bug if you don’t show us a file that demonstrates the bug. Especially when your description of the problem is this vague.

I think I jumped the gun with the “might be a bug” part. It works perfectly fine with the multiresolution modifier. Perhaps the problem is just that the mirror modifier and subsurf doesn’t work that well (or at all?) with sculpting?

Multires sculpting has its own mirroring system. You need to apply your mirror modifier before sculpting. Multiresolution is a subdivision type of modifier, so you can’t combine it with subsurf. It would have helped if you had mentioned what you were trying to do and what modifiers you were using when you got that error. Without that information or a .blend file we have absolutely no context to figure out what you’re talking about, so we have to rely on psychic powers, which don’t exist.

1 Like

I also have the same issue I am using the draw face sets by UV map I am trying to make a pillow using blender gurus guide tutorial couch and the same thing is happening to me

1 Like

Got an aswer!
Just click “Aply” on your modifiers, then you can sculpt :wink:
Cheers!

1 Like