Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    I'll send you the .blend file when i get home, probably this evening.
    Thanks again!

Hello, i've finally managed to sand you my .blend file. Basically, my target is to transform a cube made of particles in a cloud made of particles. I need to generate a mesh because, trough compositing, i want to morph its shading from a puffy cloud to a kind of liquid surface. I hope it is possible

Thanks and have a good day

Kind regards
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thank you Pyroevil, I made experiment video of this add-on, including electric pulse effect by default settings and emitter.

Wow gappy the water particles at end were terrific. What is time cost of meshing and what sort of resolution were you at?
    Cheers, David ___________"awesome in space and other places".
    ________Follow me on twitter @3pointedit
    _____________ Check the Youtube Channel for tutorials. Or my Sketchbook

Hi 3pointEdit, making meshes of IsoSurface in 3D view was almost realtime, so I didn't have to bake at all. And rendering time was around 5 minutes.
    Resolution was very low, sample=5, 50% of 1920px*1080px in this case.
    That's amazing comparing to built-in fluid simulation in Blender.

OMG OMG I just tied this it's amazing!!!!

It's sooooo fast and has great feedback. I love it.
    Oh I wish that the cycles volumetric solution in Blender would take a point cache.

Thank you Pyroevil.

This is so much fun, can't wait to think of a project at work to use it on...

Heres my test:

My only problem was trying to get the particles to behave like a volume in the container. I added a texture force field to move the particles around but I cant stop them wiggling and they don't increase the volume.

Originally Posted by 3pointEdit View Post
    This is so much fun, can't wait to think of a project at work to use it on...

Heres my test:

My only problem was trying to get the particles to behave like a volume in the container. I added a texture force field to move the particles around but I cant stop them wiggling and they don't increase the volume.
    You might need to use fluid particles to get them to increase the volume in the container.
    Blender Car Rig
    Any requests? Send me a PM

But wouldn't I have to generate a fluid sim to use this particles? Kind of defeats the purpose of faking fluid with regular particles.

Hello pyroevil, any news about the keyed physics issue? I'm trying to find a workaround baking the particles but i had no success with it. I can't bake keyed physics, maybe if i simulate a fluid something could work even if it could take a lot of time...

Originally Posted by 3pointEdit View Post
    But wouldn't I have to generate a fluid sim to use this particles? Kind of defeats the purpose of faking fluid with regular particles.
    I don't quite understand. From what you've said so far, you want to use particles to sort of simulate volume build up, like real fluid, and then use the cubesurfer addon to mesh those particles to make it look like actual fluid. Please correct me if I'm mistaken

A fluid simulation and a fluid particle simulation are two separate things. Fluid simulation (physics panel) uses the much-earlier implemented system with a pre-set domain object and fluid inflow/outflow objects.

A fluid particle simulation (particles panel) uses SPH particle physics to actually simulate particle interactions. The particles will act like "molecules" of fluid, and interact with each other, build up in volume and flow like honey or oil (settings determine this). You can produce a wide range of effects, and you're not limited with a domain size. I've got quite a few videos (and a tut) on my Youtube channel if you'd like to have a look.

I might be mistaken, so please correct me if I am. Cheers!
    Blender Car Rig
    Any requests? Send me a PM

Oh ok blazraidr, I was confusing these particles with the tracer particles in the standard fluid sim.

I haven't played with fluid since it arrived, so thats a while ago.

Thanks for taking the time to clear it up.

Originally Posted by supaworst View Post
    Hello pyroevil, any news about the keyed physics issue? I'm trying to find a workaround baking the particles but i had no success with it. I can't bake keyed physics, maybe if i simulate a fluid something could work even if it could take a lot of time...
    Sorry , I don't find time to check this issue for now. Hope I will find a bit of time this week. The informations CubeSurfer need is only point position. It's working even if particles is baked or not. I need to check why the addon cannot access to particles position in your case.
    PyroEvil
    --My Blog--molecular script--CubeSurfer--NNetwork AI---My Youtube--
    Sorry for my poor english!

Thank you, let me know if you nave any news.

Best regards

Hi supaworst !

I find a bit of time to look at to the problem and unfortunatly it's exactly what I suspect about keyed particles : The position don't update in the python API . I don't know if it's a bugs or the way blender particles architecture works but for sure I cannot do anythings else on my side for this. But I have dirty workaround for you :

1- I create a cube at position 0,0,0
    2- I delete all vertices except one and put it's location at 0,0,0
    3- I put on the "one vertices object" a modifier call " particles instance" and I choose the keyed particles systems from the other obj. This instance the "one vertices" on each particles.
    4- I put a "edge split" modifier ... don't know why but it's help blender to refresh the geometry and it's the only modifier working.
    5- On this same object , I add a particles systems with the same numbers of particles than the keyed particles system ( 5000 ).
    6- I use "Emit from Verts" , uncheck random and check "use modifier stack" to get one particles per vertices.
    7- I use " No physics" particles and set the size of particles has the same of your keyed particles systems.
    8- I change the iso_surface particles systems for this one.

Not really clean ... probably more heavy but it's work for now. It's a bit limited ( like if you have some radom sized particles ). Here is the blendfile:
    Poly_Clouds_workaround.blend

Probably can be better when my addon support to mesh vertices directly ( make this workaround more simple , with just steps 1 to 3 needed. )
    Last edited by Pyroevil; 01-Mar-15 at 20:32.
    PyroEvil

Thanks Pyroevil it seems that it fits perfectly for my needs! I'll do some testing and i let you know if i can build what's in my mind.

Thanks again for the support, even if it's a little bit tricky, it solves the problem.

Best regards and keep your amazing work up!

I little test in the Game Engine to having fun with my addon. Without any modification of the addon , I did a little python script that call my addon and build OpenGL polygons. The poor 15 fps is not due to my addon but to the way triangle is draw with openGL in blender. It's just a test for fun:

PyroEvil

Better result with the "Donor mesh" method from VegetableJuiceF instead trying to work with bgl module.
    Poor fps now is due to the capture , addon create the mesh at a rate of 0.015seconds ( 1/60 ).

Last edited by Pyroevil; 06-Mar-15 at 15:40.
    PyroEvil

Hi Pyro,
    You know you are crazy right?
    Awesome.....

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast