Getting object from Game Engine instead of mesh

Ok, I have seen how to get the mesh name that is associated with a game controller, but is there a way to go up one more level and see what object is associated with that mesh? Or do I have to iterate through a list of objects looking for that mesh? If I am not being clear I can post my code.

I have a game engine object position ‘snapshot’ script working, but right now the object name has to be the same as the mesh name to work. that way I can associate a mesh orientation from the game engine and then control an object in the main part of blender. Once finished, I would like to be able to attach this script to a game controller and then run the game and at any point be able to press a key and have the location/rotation of the object in the game become the current location for an object. This would be ideal for creating ‘piles’ of objects by letting them fall into a pile in the game engine then take a snapshot.

The next step will be to have the script bake these positions into IPOS. Then you could bake the game engine physics.

Do you know game2ipo.py ?

Apparently not, I’ll check it out.

But in python, if you have a sensor (a keyboard sensor in this case) how do you get the object to which it belongs? I must be missing something simple here.

------------EDIT-----------------

JEEZE I’m STOOOPID

try the .name property Sorry for wasting your time. I’ll post again if I write anything worth while.

The script :
http://www.zoo-logique.org/3D.Blender/scripts_python/gametoipov232ter_blend.zip

import GameLogic
cont = GameLogic.getCurrentController()
owner = cont.getOwner()

owner is the obj