which snake?

firstly apologies for starting another thread if its not the done thing around here. i’ve trawled thru a load of other posts looking for answers but end up lost and no less puzzled.

my question is a fairly basic one:
i’m running blender 2.34 on mac os 10.2.8. i have python 2.2 as part of my system. i also have macpython 2.3 in my apps folder. is this a set up that will allow me to use/learn python scripting with blender? lots of the signs i’m getting is that its best to use os 10.3x and the python 2.3 that comes withh it but for barious reasons i can’t do that just yet. if i can use the macpython 2.3, where do i put it/how do i integrate it with blender?

direct answers would be great. links to tutorials geared towards absolute idiots also would be great.

cheers all.

Look in my sig for Akator’s link to using Python 2.3.x in Mac. It requires you to use Fink.

%<

thanks for that.

this is one of the ones i’ve been looking at. it too seems to suggest that os10.3x is the necessary version.

i already have fink (and fink commander) installed on my machine without x11 - this doesn’t list python23, only going as far as python22.

since my first post i managed to get the discombobulator (sp?) script to work - though more through accident than design. so maybe i just need to plug away with that.

but if anyone can give me a categorical yes or no answer that i will be able to carry on working with OS10.2.8 and python2.2 it would be very much appreciated. thats the bit of info i can’t find.

cheers

Discombulator works with blenders built in python interpreter.

ah, right - thanks. and there was me thinking i was getting good!

onwards, then…