HELP!

When i try to run most of my scripts i get:

Python script error:check console

or sumthin like that. how do i overcome it?

You might want to actually check the console :wink: . In windows, Blender automatically opens with a DOS window in the background… you can see the output in there. If you are using linux, you will have to run Blender from the command line and check the output in there. To minimize Blender in GNOME, hit alt-F9. Also, when you run Blender you can use blender -w to get it to run in a window that you can minimize.

mine says no installed python found, some scripts may not run, only the built in modules, wat should i do now?

install python

how? where to?

ive downloaded and installed python 2.4. but blender still says no installed python found…help!

Blender has an internal Python interpretor that is compiled with Python 2.3.3, so you need to download and use v2.3.3 or 2.3.4 which is just a bugfix of 2.3.3.

The installer installs it on C:/ by default but I have had better luck putting it in ‘Program Files’. Then you need to open a “User Preferences” window in blender and type in the Path to the installed directory in the relevant box in the “File Paths” section. To save the new setting close that window and hit Ctrl-U to create a new B.blend for your default scene.

If you still get the message in the console you will have to take a look at the sticky thread at the top of this page to manually set your Python Path.

%<

There are some environment-variables, particularly PYTHONPATH, that you may need to set.

In the Unix/Linux environment, a file such as .bashrc (notice the leading “.” denoting a hidden file), or /etc/bashrc, which that file may “include,” is normally used to set these variables.