how can i get such noise / algorithm, osl, cycles

Hey there,

I am trying to get a procedural texture like you can see in the pictures below:

I think its somehow connected to this method: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucas–Kanade_method
Any ideas? It would be really great to have some more procedural texture algorithms in cycles.

I found some more noisy alorithms on github and on blogspot. Is there another resource where i can download some shader code?

The method you refer to is an image analysis method, not so much a method to generate noise I think. The noise in your images does look interesting but it might be a simple as mapping Blender’s basic noise texture no only to color but use it as a height map as well.

Do you have a link to the original images? (maybe we can find out what the generating method was)

cheers,

– Michel.

it looks like the height maps Bryce makes (think they was fractal remember you could tile them )

Its done in c4d. The noise type is called Luka. Thats all Infos i have. I will have a look at Bryce. Here is the nearest i come with Blender sofar. Its a cloud texture with the voronoi algorithm.

It distinctly looks to me like, in the original shot, one texture is being used to modify another. For instance, a noise texture which is “sort-of being bump-mapped,” except that the pixels are being displaced in all three dimensions. It’s as though you’re using another texture to “sculpt a cloud.”