cloths plugin (need help!!!)

i want to make a cloths plugin, but i have never done any Python scripting or any kind of coding before. i have advanced skills in both Networking (working on A+ certification) and computer tech. i also have skills in pre calculas.

any helpful tips? like,
were should i start?
what do i need?
is it possable?

i want it so i can apply style, type, and cloth type based upon model shape and size
i know that for movies like shrek 2 they had a plugin that not only alowed the making of cloth but let it react to the models movements.

Cloth is one of the hardest things to model (interaction with gravity and collision detection as examples). Do a search on the forum and you will see several threads discussing the topic. Topix is a cloth script being developed as well as others I can think of. The MakeHuman project has talked about doing cloth for it’s project as well.

I would recommend that you learn python, and search the internet for sources of algorithms and other simulation data that you will need. If you don’t have any programming experience, then you really need to concentrate on that hurdle.

I’m just learning python, but I have alot of experience in C, C++, Turbo Pascal, Visual Basic, Lisp, and others … yet I don’t think I would tackle that job. Maybe start smaller? Work your way up to it? Possibly contact authors of other cloth simulation programs and see if they need any development help.

I don’t mean to discourage you, and I hope I haven’t.