unknown object type when using fibre script v2.03

I’m desperately trying to get the basics done with the fibre script.
It keeps saying “unknown object type”.

It’ s a basic plane I just append it to the example blendfile, select it and run the script. Strangely it worked before ?!

If somebody had something similar I’ll be happy to know the solution.

Thx,
jono

PS: I read the http://www.telusplanet.net/public/kugyelka/blender/tutorials/fiber
and searched the forum -> no luck sigh

i hade the same problem. save, close blender and reopen the file, and it should work.

You must have a single object selected to have fiber work …

was this the case?

Stefano

the script says it’s also possible to have multiples active, you just need the bright pinkish at least.

But, I have … otherwise the script crashes right away.

@orion119net
I’ll try it today in the evening, I’m at work now %| if it is this prob it just will work :smiley:
Otherwise I try the beast script 8)

Thanks for the inputs so far.

Greetings,
jono

PS: Why are there several scripts out there doing a similar job, beast and fibre203 in example, which one is better ? or does it depend on the purpose ?

I’m getting:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “FIBERGUI.PY”, line 50, in ?
ImportError: cannot import name strip

When trying to load the script.

I’m also getting alot of errors when trying to load scripts that excist int the blender python script menu. Gettink freakin’ aggrevated. Getting alot of syntax errors

import error, I would say a pythonpath failure

Mmmm are you using Python 2.3.4, right?

Stefano

But the path is the same as the python file. The file it’s asking for came in the zip file. Where do you people put your downloaded py files

I finally gace up setting pythonpath and dump everything in the
.blender/scripts folder. That zip does it dump in another subdir under ./scripts

Finally I got it working, thanks orion119net
Works pretty good now.

Thanks everybody

I’m giving up on this script. Nothing works. I finally got it to find the file by changing some caps but then i just get an can’t find python22 error mess. Are there any more scripts that simulate grass, hair in an easy to use fashion. Or are there perhaps another place I can download this script from. Maybe I got hold of an old version or something?

:expressionless: :expressionless: :expressionless: Ooops, I had downloaded v.1.2

Is it supposed to beep when used?

ADDON

Having some problems with fiber guides. Am I supposed to be in edit mode of the guides when pressing create. Or am I supposed to select the mesh I wath the fibers on. Can’t seem to produce anythin using guides

Ah" Never mind. 'll stop harrasing this post for now and do someting useful instead, slamming my stuping head against a wall perhaps :smiley:

I’ve heard rumors … and seen a few threads … concerning fiber version 3.0

Now if we could just see some actual results … (that sounds terrible, but I really like these kind of scripts).

And what the heck happened to The Beast!

The beast? Do you mean the beast script that is in beta on the blender.org site?