Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Wow! He looks really sinister! Bishop, please, find me in hangouts - there we can share files later.
    Last edited by adriansnetlis; 21-Jun-15 at 07:55.
    My Blogspot my 3d development blog. I am at GTM + 2.00 time belt! Intel® Core™ i5-6300HQ 2.3 GHz(quadcore), NVIDIA GeForce GTX960M, 4GB DDR4 RAM, Linux Ubuntu 16.04.
    Worn Tires, Engine Roar, AstrumNetwork.com, Support me in Patreon

Thanks , I still have to adjust a little dog fur and send him
    Sure,... on hangouts,yes

Hi Adrian, this is looking really good. I don't usually check out the team games section because I usually work alone.
    I can't really offer any help, but I can suggest some ideas.

First of all, how about using a ray to detect when the character is walking in to a wall or car. When that happens switch to a different logic state, where they can't walk, only turn on the spot (a copy of your main state, but with no forward movement logic). That will get rid of the moonwalk effect you get when a character is running against a wall.

If I think of anything else I'll post it.

p.s. @ Bishop, those characters look awesome. Nice work.

Originally Posted by Smoking_mirror View Post
    Hi Adrian, this is looking really good. I don't usually check out the team games section because I usually work alone.
    I can't really offer any help, but I can suggest some ideas.

First of all, how about using a ray to detect when the character is walking in to a wall or car. When that happens switch to a different logic state, where they can't walk, only turn on the spot (a copy of your main state, but with no forward movement logic). That will get rid of the moonwalk effect you get when a character is running against a wall.

If I think of anything else I'll post it.
    Thanks for help! Yeah, if ray in his forward direction detects something, disable forwards - as I use script for walking, no states required. This will gain effect like in Assassins creed!
    My Blogspot my 3d development blog. I am at GTM + 2.00 time belt! Intel® Core™ i5-6300HQ 2.3 GHz(quadcore), NVIDIA GeForce GTX960M, 4GB DDR4 RAM, Linux Ubuntu 16.04.

OK! I succesfully created the stuff Smoking_mirror mentioned up and now player stops walking when something is in front of it. It works for both - forwards and backwards.

The dog is ready ....I added fur to normal map and a little fine-tuned texture
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nice! I guess I will put like 8 dogs in the mansion's enterance garden section. At beggining there will attack 3, after advancing to further sections there will be more jumping out of their cages.

A problem:
    I found that game has a problem that I don't know where comes from, but - I start playing game, FPS is very solid, constant. Everything is fine, but suddenly it starts to drop and than I have 10 FPS. What could cause this?

open your profiler, what is using the %?
    Break it and remake it - Wrectified
    If you cut off a head, the hydra grows back two.
    "headless upbge"

Logic was it. scoprion81 found a fix, thanks to him. The Inventory.slots script didn't need true level triggering at all. Now I still need to fix a problem that when aiming downwards and shooting, there is no sound while forwards and upwards shootsh have sound.

Hello! This is one more update of In-Dome. This time I am mostly showing bugfixes, although one noticeable update is that now player stops running when he meets with wall. This still must be upgraded as currently it is not 100% stable. Thanks everybody who helps progressing this game!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345