NEW!! ( Super Blender Galaxy ) project announcment/ updates

So i’m announcing the launch of a new project of mine. As the title says i plan on re-opening my Super Mario fan game project. I have been messing around with some files to see if some of the worst kinks in the game could be ironed out. fortunately i have become a more experienced user. Minus last year. lol But nonetheless i have solve the biggest one. i now have a controller setup for the mario gravity system. (with joysticks) So this hump was my biggest concern. so i’m glad to share the file. and start a thread for updates to help gain interest in the project.

please comment, and if anyone is intrested in helping contact me.
i also will start putting videos soon.

https://www.mediafire.com/?7vfnav47fmbqjdg

here is a model planet form http://www.models-resource.com/ . Sorry guys i dont have the time to make models like i used to. I know i can make art, my focus is the gameplay and design.

Here is the file with mario now put into it to test the Left/Right animations.

Glad to have you back mate

@Skormeus yea and for good.

here are some early shadow/ x_ray shaders. very intresting results

this x_ray shader is another technique i was unable to reproduce in my last game

here is a pic of the main characters that i will have in the game. they still need thier shaders on. they are not set right now in this file.

here is the shader mario will have. and some anim poses.

tell me what u guys think.

here is a pic of the shader to be used for all objects in the scene. its still in the works, but just wanted to show an update of it.

hes in mid punch. 3rd punch to be exact. combos. lol

Wow this looks very nice. Are the shaders you use just node materials?

yea for now, that may change because i have a script for the shadow i need to impliment. so yea its gonna change for sure.

here is a my first update video of the project. hope u guys like it.

You should talk to that one guy who is remaking super mario 64

Also http://theorysend.com/ Eh eh eh eh eh eh eh lol

First, really glad to see you back working on this. My question right now is that I thought you got a cease desist from Nintendo for this project, and that is why you stopped before. Was this not the case?

Nintendo actually changed their views on fan projects recently, that may have made him re-evaluate the Mario game idea. Otherwise I don’t know if there is any way to tell if it really was Nintendo contacting him back then or just some troll :slight_smile:

yea it was not an official one, but a response to someone contacting nintendo pretending to be me. Saying they do not support fangames, and the gave a link to thier policy.

Well you’re doing great. Keep up the good work

Hey, your project looks really good, I love shading of characters and world and animations look great. :wink:

Thanks carlos and everyone i am still working hard to polish what i have. n i have a great surprise my next video. but here is one just to show what i have now.

Hey! It’s you!
I’m glad you’re doing SBG again. I didn’t realize the possibilities of the BGE until I saw what you did with it, so I owe you my experience.

Also, yeah, Nintendo doesn’t actually hunt down fangames just to shut them down. They never really did. Most of the time, they let fangames keep going. When they DID shut down games, they had specific reasons for doing so, like opening their source or charging money for it. The most evil of which imo was a pokemon MMO called “Pokemon Omega”, which they only shut down because they wanted the domain name for their at-the-time newest games, Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire.

@Michelle Sea Nice!! and i’m doing this project because i’ve learned so much more. i’m about to do it again. lol trust me i have a lot more in mind this time the last mario is nothing compared to what i have in store with this project. Unforturnatly i’m alone again on the project. suck wish i could find someone with a very high level of motivation for the project.

Disclaimer for anyone wanting to join!!!
I’m picky, demanding, and self efficient. I can do every job in this project form sounds,modeling,texturing,animating,level design,rigging, programming in python/openGL + my imagination lol. I listen to mario tracks while i work, i write programs while i daydream at work(O’Reilys auto parts). and all i do is talk game concepts, i no longer even play video games, nor do i own a game console. I am freakin dedicated to this. oh and i dont sleep. so if u feel u got that “itch”. and if u want to actually make something that will amaze and aw people. and boost the quality of blender games to a new level. only then should u contact me to join.

so what i’m saying is please dont waste ur time and mine. but i still welcome u to the project if u fit this criteria.
thank u.

Lol you sound like ben afleck from boiler room haha