Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    Looking very good! some of the shading makes the cars look a bit flat though...like if you look at the rims of the dodge charger on the track...there seems to be no darkness at the upper half of the rims...I cannot place my finger on it...it just looks a bit flat.

but still looks amazing! that is the one thing I think can be improved though...what is you light setup like...I am curious...for me using sun shadows has a huge impact on performance.
    "The crows seem to be calling my name." Thought Kaw.
    Myrlea, "The Shepherd's Quest" formerly "Valiant" [project]

Im only using 1 sun for the whole scene i have a different kinda light setup the rest spawn in at different times but mostly the code on color and toning of the screen what you see is raw lighting (shadows are not baked). my performance is really high mainly because i was optimizing this game on BGE alot from start so the performance is too good here on low end i get around about 30 to 35 fps part of that optimization comes from code and some frrom logic all my logic is optimized thats why even the nitrous bar takes some time to coppy information from the Hud' and the speed of the car and also the players acceleration. (Now im on UPBGE and UPBGE runs all the optimizations fully and well) all im busy with now is car engine sound and Gears. Im doing a Manual transmission system from scratch its not a hard task you will see when Gameplay will be out !!!!

My only downfall is AI AI im stil trying to find a way to optimize AI, AI takes quite alot of performance i will use animation to optimize AI to the max. AI will be dynamic but its path tracking will be animated. (thanks did you see my Final showcase video ? )The detail i put in that Gameplay Video showcase scene is the exact same detail iam going to put on all my race track events for now all i have is experimental graphics tests. (And what ive shown so far)
    And thks for the Feedback bro i appreciate it.

Fred/K.S
    Last edited by Fred/K.S; 17-Oct-17 at 03:25.
    Current project's: (BGE & UPBGE are the best ive ever used) Latest:http://Speed Racer A Whole New World 2 (2017) (WIP)

spawning lights has no affect on performance. lights on inactive layers will degrade performance as if they are active. spawning multiple of one light wont work due to the renderer.

absolute MAX lights for low end is 10. my pc is crippled with 40. i aim for less then 20.

if upbge magically worked around these issues, do tell.
    System "IVAN" (rev 1.3b) - Win7 64bit - Blender 2.74:
    CPU- Intel i3-3220 3.30 Ghz | GPU- EVGA GTX 970 | RAM- GSkill Ares 16GB 1600 Mhz | MB- ASUS P8Z77-V LK

Its not really that much lights not more than 3 lights sofar this game is one of the best performing games i have ever created on BGE up to this point in production but i still have to keep optimizing even until the end of its production. (Especially considering the fact that i still have more to add to the world design and also just to the gameplay)

Everything i have done sofar has been done to optimal level, all my py scripts are Half-optimized and the Logic Bricks involved are also optimized only a few take some performance ... (Eg: Dynamic font) However its just AI that needs to be fully intergrated and then fully optimized.

As i was making this game i really focused alot on 2-Player splitscreen gameplay this was essential for me because, i wanted to see how far i can push offline multiplayer game modes, everything ive done i doubled the work that i was supposed to do for the singleplayer mode. Which is good because this will make my task easier in the long run just designing the single player properly. My approach this time is that with singleplayer i will try to polish it as best i can and make it way better than in 2 player splitscreen, the single player should be the best part of any game i will do what i must Daedalus_MDW.

Thks Daedalus_MDW your support is much appreciated here on tbis thread.

Fred/K.S
    Last edited by Fred/K.S; 17-Oct-17 at 10:02.
    Current project's: (BGE & UPBGE are the best ive ever used) Latest:http://Speed Racer A Whole New World 2 (2017) (WIP)

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910