Animation Playback Trash

Hello! I have been working with Blender for about half a year now and have now tried to do animations. I always had this problem but now its just intolerable.

My animation playback is utter trash. I see people complaining that they have the 10 fps playback and I would about kill for that now. My animation playback is literally 1 per MINUTE. I’m not even animating anything yet, just testing how cloth falls on my model and yet it either takes 30 mins to load 50 frames. Why is it like this? Sad to say that I shaved my model down to 65,588 faces (I know its a lot, I applied the subsurf modifier too soon) from 100,000+ and now the animation playback gives up, freezes then crashes.

Before this model I had practiced using a standard sphere and grid to mimic cloth and even that took 5 min for 20 frames.

My graphics card is Intel® HD Graphics 4000. If I’m looking at the wrong thing please tell me and I’ll try to say the correct information.

You should supply a link to an example file so others can test and feedback any specific changes that could help.

Do you get low performance before or/and after you have baked the cloth sim

You should also supply your computer hardware specification. If you have low end hardware don’t expect high end performance.

Hello! Sorry for taking so long. So I’ve tried for a couple of hours now to upload my file, but the file manager is not uploading anything despite meeting all the qualifications. So in the meantime, I went through my file after a while and out of frustration I started deleting almost all the meshes minus the main model (part of this reason was because of the file upload limit in mb).

One of my meshes was apparently the main cause of my problems. The problem from what I saw is that the coat (the problem) is connected not to my mesh, but to the rig onnecting the mesh, making some of the weight paints contradict my main mesh, hence the constant crashing. It’s still slow, but I can safely assure its due to the amount of data that the main mesh it has (what do you know, 10 fps). Thank you very much for the indirect answer! Sad to say that I am still a noobie so I will research the cloth baking modifier (I read it’s only applied after a certain point, like modifiers) and the problems with my cloth.