Basic rigging questions

I’m still relatively new to Blender, and am currently working on a model for a mod my friend is making for Team Fortress Two. I have made models before, but never ones with actual rigging. So, my question is, what happened here? The model is now extremely basic, and I managed to simplify it to the point of only using two bones. I once demonstrated what I want box’s lid to look like when the armature is moved using Edit mode, and once what it actually looks like when I rotate the corresponding bone in Pose mode. The hinges decrease in size dramatically, and the lid shrinks a little, too. I have no idea what is happening, and would greatly appreciate any sort of help. Thanks!

-Moblinkebab

What I want it to look like, demonstrated in Edit Mode

What it looks like when moved in pose mode

Why have you not supplied a link to your blend file ?? Please do so FOR ALL support questiosn

Just from looking at the screenshot the bone is not aligned to the hinge axis

Alright, thank you. Like I said, I’m relatively new to this, and due to awful internet I try to avoid uploading larger files wherever possible. I shall in the future. I attached it here:

Just position the bone where you want it to rotate

Attachments

untitled.blend (124 KB)

Thank you very much! I didn’t realize that actually made a difference. But you learn from your mistakes!