IK wont work

Hi, i’m a bit new on blender, i read tons of documentation and videos but i’m stuck on the IK for animating my character.

I go straight to the point:

for the leg i don’t have any issue, it move right and the knee spin in the Y axis, but for the arm, i’m not able to move it on the Y axis (in the elbow junt).

Like for the leg i create an IK extruding in the joint and it work, but the elbow wont move where i want, it move internal (x axis) .

How i can fix it?

I tryed with adding a pole creating another bone, but the arm turn into a weird pose.

I post the model here, so if anyone can help me and explain what to do step by step is appreciated.

Hello and welcome to BA!

Checked out the file and I think you’ve posted the wrong file… Here’s what I see when I open the file at the link posted:

No arm bones, no constraints on leg bones… arm disconnected from the body… Doesn’t quite match the pics you posted :confused:

Couple of things…Generally you want to build your rig so the IK chains have a small amount of ‘pre bend’ to them. Basically, knees forward and elbows backwards. This helps blender figure out which way you want to joint to bend.

Next, I’m not sure about building the body in separate mesh objects. You will have a hard time getting the mesh to look smooth between where the arm mesh and torso mesh meet. If the look you are after is something like and ‘action figure’ toy, then by all means, your on the right track with the modelling.

Since you’re new, you might not be able to attach files to your posts. If you need a place to post a file, use http://www.pasteall.org/
to paste files. It’s safe, quick loading, no nonsense, and run by a member of the blender comnutinty. It works.

Good luck!
Randy

In addition to what revolt-randy said, you may want to check the preserve volume option in the armature modifier. This will help keep the model from squishing in on itself when it bends. You will need to add more edge loops to help as well.

In general, you want two supporting edge loops around every joint.

Good Luck!

Sorry for the delay, working matters, i posted HERE the correct file (i’m actually texturing it).

The legs work fine (i used X limits as u can see) but because bones are perfecly centered to the Z axis, but the arm aren’t so i have terrible result here and limiting axes wont work.

Any help is appreciated.

ps: Yes, i want that the arms follow the natural positions like i’m able to do with the legs.

Your file says “not available”. Use pasteall.org, please.

Tryed but dunno how to use it, it say enter a code. O_o

About mega i have an account there and i support it, but i made a mistake, i accidentally delete the file yesterday, so i reupload and now is work, sorry for the inconvenience.

Tryed but dunno how to use it, it say enter a code. O_o

Top, right hand side of the webpage, tiny little box with 3 icons. Top icon for pasting code, middle one for pasting .blend files, bottom icon for pasting images.

Randy

I see, tnx for the info.