[Addon] Kinoraw Tools (VSE)

Hi everyone

I’m back with a new addon for the VSE. It’s a new version of the addon Extra Sequencer Actions mixed with JumpToCut, and some other utilities from the kinoraw project (Eco, Audio and Proxy tools)

It’s a compilation of tools but also a new approach to VSE UI. This is not a propossal to change the UI. I’m comfortable with the current configuration of the VSE (tabs on the side panel would be ideal, but not essential)

There is a development version in this git repo:

The latest stable version is in this other repo, along with a copy of some other scripts i use in the VSE:

The documentation (not still completed) is here:

Proxy Tools and Audio Tools are not completely documented because i want to change a few things (ie: to reflect gooseberry news on proxys). Random Editor and glitch panel are very experimental.

LATEST VERSION:
kinoraw-tools_V0.6b.zip (1.29 MB)

Video please!!

Hi Carlos,

Amazing your VSE tools, how to say…completely essential…I vote for the trunck!
Congratulations and a big Thanks!. :smiley:

Yes should be trunk but they keep getting upgraded to core function! Great work Carlos.

BTW did you notice my suggestion on the other addon page?
I find it annoying to send VSE strips to 3D or compositor as you have to copy/paste path etc.

I wondered if it would be useful to promote a strip from the VSE to a texture asset associated to free user? Currently you have to load textures separately after adding them to the timeline.
Further I wonder if it’s possible to copy a frame offset and start frame from the VSE to same texture?

What do you think?

hi

Thank you all!!

i added a new feature, just linux for now, but maybe you can test it on windows… (i think jack and jack meters will work on windows)

@raziel: please, read the documentation. If you don’t understand something let me know. If it becomes dificult to explain i will do a video, but i’m sure many of the features are easy to understand just by reading…

@3pointedit: I read your ideas about textures… i will think about… why do you need to define textures? to work with clips in the 3dview?

@nikos. yes, custom properties for each scene. look here:

each scene stores his owns IN and OUT markers and you can access this in and out markers with this:

bpy.data.scenes['Scene'].kr_in_marker
bpy.data.scenes['Scene'].kr_out_marker

easylogin: Great addon!, i was thinking about implementing something similar… i will check it more in deep…

Your ideas about the random editing are great! Last year i made another aproach (based on markers)
but i want to recode it entirely… look here:

Yes Carlos, if I want to include video media anywhere else in Blender you must remember the path and clip name. This can be hard if all the clips have similar names like clip2015032716.mov etc. So it would be great to select strip or strips and promote them to image texture datablocks. Perhaps all parented to an image empty so that they don’t get deleted as orphan assets?

Also this would make strips available in the compositor, although there is no good way to handle frame offset tracking at this time. OMG Audio meters have been soooooooooo lacking in Blender. when you just need to know if sounds are loud relative to a standard setting, like -10 db.

PS I have a mac book to test meters on but I don’t have memory to compile :frowning: is that any help to you?

1. Carlos have you exposed the ffmpeg command line? Can I use it to convert strips to frame sequences other than jpeg? Could I promote the resulting proxy frame sequences to alternate media strips (that is not just for proxy use)?

2. Nikos_ how do you scan the audio fo rpeaks? Is it just from a baked curve? Or can Blender listen to strip output from VSE?

@ 3pointedit: yes, in the proxy panel you can change the command line to your needs (you need to install ffmpeg (it is not using blender’s ffmpeg but system one…)

for this to work you should insert the {} characters four times in the command line, each {} will be changed by the script with the filename, width, height and fileoutput, respectively. you can change to any codec, quality and add other options to ffmpeg BUT you should keep the order of this 4 variables

The output folder is the variable called “path for proxies” and after process you can find your videos in this path and use it at your convenience.

3pointEdit : As far as I know blender can’t but an external python library (like numpy) could analyse the clips and return the peaks. I think… :wink: Never tried
The subtitle script uses the regular bake function because the film to subtitle is made of one piece.

Just installed this on 2.74 and while I’m trying to pick my jaw off the floor I’m wondering if the latest built-in proxy code has been taken into account. I have been using Bassam’s addon for a while but now there no need for that anymore.

Will be back with more feedback.

Carlos this is pure awesomeness, keep em coming! :slight_smile:

Thanks, blendercomp!

Latest proxy code is in my todo list… Some options from proxy tools are probably not needed anymore

Can you point me to bassam’s addon you mention?

Bassam’s addon is called Proxy Workflow and is available from his github account. Demo here:

He demonstrated it in a video a while ago. It allowed the recursive creation of proxies for all strips. But the latest proxy code additions to to trunk render it useless.

added a new version 0.5

i find a problem with the zip file, it’s solved now.

fixed how to access another addons to better generate shortcuts…

also added a great addon shortcut: copy modifiers!!, by DoubleZ (not sure how i find it :stuck_out_tongue: and didn’t find more info about)

http://blenderclan.tuxfamily.org/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?post_id=458896#forumpost458896

if you install this addon you will see this:

( there is also a modified version of the addon in https://github.com/kinoraw/kinoraw_repo

in case you want to hide the operators from the VSE header )

kinoraw-tools_V0.5.zip (1.3 MB)

Excellent idea. Is it possible to select individual modifiers from source strip?

Sometimes you just want to invert a mask color with the curve modifier. But you don’t want any of the other modifiers that maybe present.

I guess a user could just apply presets of individual modifiers to an unused color strip.

maybe it is possible but i have no time to implement this, at least this function saves a lot of work :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

to add an invert effect to selected strips you can use this script :wink:

import bpy
strips = bpy.context.selected_sequences
for strip in strips:
    if strip.type != "SOUND":
        mod = strip.modifiers.new("invert","CURVES")
        points = mod.curve_mapping.curves[3].points
        points[0].location=(0,1)
        points[1].location=(1,0)

Oh I see. Thanks for the script.

bump, hi, can we have some testers here please?