Simple Mouse , very easy to use mouse property generator

Mouse input = generates properties x and y

Mouse look = applies properties x and y to rotation,
you could use it for anything though.

I don’t think mouse look can get any simpler.

Edit :-> latest File (new example copies the mouse property in the same frame)
/uploads/default/original/4X/e/b/a/ebad20fd87bbe6719a3e72841524c5828bf66e01.blendd=1434693288

Attachments

SimpleMouse.blend (502 KB)

1 Like

and here are two rigged mouse look systems, FPS and TPS

Attachments

SimpleMice.blend (559 KB)

I have been messing around with your mouse look and I am so glade i stumbled on this… One thing though… Your X rotations are inverted… I fixed that with adding two negatives in the scripts… one in the mouselook script Rot[2]-=[-]own[‘x’] the bracketed negative was added And on in the mouselook2 script own[‘Mouse’][‘x’]*=[-]own[‘sensitivity’] the bracketed negative was added…i also added the property sensitivity so i could adjust it in game. I do have to say that it is a very nice clean script and does great…This will will be my new mouse look script in the future! :slight_smile:

Thanks QuickMind! you can always use angle.x-=own[‘x’] instead of angle.x+=own[‘x’]

Bump - Feedback requested!

Also - Note - This is and can be used in 3rd person rigs, using copy rotation or IK :smiley:

think of the ‘head’ as a copy rotation target no collision, and the bottom as the physics bound,

it’s just missing your actor :smiley:

/uploads/default/original/4X/6/b/c/6bc76f0fe47f4106a8ce3b0c834930efb65b80d4.blendd=1431998358

Side note

object.worldPosition = object.parent.worldPosition+(own.parent.worldOrientation*Vector([own[‘x’],own[‘y’],0]))

will work quite well, to move objects in 3d space along a plane.(position control rather then angle)

Added new example usage cases

mouse position (usefull for ik targets and also many other situations (copy position?) or?)

Attachments

SimpleMiceZ.blend (571 KB)

Looks very good!:wink:

Here is a example of a actor using the simple mouse, and key-press list generator

Simple Actor-

Attachments

SimpleRig.blend (547 KB)

Update - hollowed out -> Just mouse property generator and a stationary actor example

Just let me know if you need help implementing it.

Attachments

SimpleMouse.blend (562 KB)

Bump this still workz