Handmade decor lights

Hi there. Another one work made with Blender/Cycles.
60 hours and 20000 samples on GTX 460
O_O

glass nodes:

2 Likes

Simply nice! But that ā€˜black glossy materialā€™ is much more darken.

Looks cool! Woah 20000 samplesā€¦ O_o

1 Like

beautifull and great glass shader ! nice contrast

Thank you guys:cool:

Damn! It looks awesome! But the rendertime is killing.

this looks cool but, 20k samplesā€¦was that really needed? Because the render is still grainy.

Also, the light path solution is interesting, can you explain it please?

1 Like

I donā€™t see any grain?

Anyways,

Great render! 20,000 samples was wayyyy overkill. 2,000 would have been fine Iā€™m almost sure.

20,000 samples! Holy cow! The result is lovely, though- very clean and sleek looking. The materials and lighting are really appealing. I find the composition to be very calm and soothing, as well as the colors.

Very nicely done, Volden!

Thank you, James.

> 2,000 would have been fine Iā€™m almost sure

2000 samples was not enough, and I used Adobe Camera RAW denoiser to remove noise in bokeh area. So even 20K samples was not enough.

> Also, the light path solution is interesting, can you explain it please?

No problem, Alvaro:

Haha, I meant your shader setup for the glass. I tested it and gives interesting and good looking results, even though I dont know what it is supposed to achieve. I did understand that it looks better than the normal Glass shader though.

Nice idea, precise (almost photographic) execution. Nice colors. Render time is scary.

youā€™re a patient man :smiley:
very cool very realistic bro

One of the best Blender pics Iā€™ve seen!
20k, thats patience man. Have an old ATI card myself, so Iā€™m used to waiting.
How did you do the flames? Is it point lights or emission material?

Wow, so much refractionā€¦ worst scenario for convergenceā€¦ beautiful image !

First of all great work!
But same as Alvarocgi I would like to understand the Light Path-Add Shader-Multiply node setup.

Iā€™m also curious. My best guess: Brighten camera visible rays and shadow rays (Mix Add) while darkening transmitted light rays (Mix Multiply)?

Very very nice!!! :yes:

Beautiful! I really like the colour harmony :yes:

As an abstract image it is beautiful, but unrealistic. The tea lights seem to be floating in the bottles, the screw tops are playing flat rather than transparent, is there a liquid in the bottles?, and no irregularities or smudges on the glass. Ah, what you could have done with 20k samples.