EWOCprojects: EgdeTune0.9

Released EdgeTune0.9:

• works from script-window now
  • works fine with multiple views
  • bugfixes (strange, I seem to be the only one noticing these bugs… )

By the way, both plugins work perfectly together with Tuhopuu3-builds.

It can be found at at EWOCprojects
:smiley:

the gui never shows up… I select an edge and run script to onmly fine blender freezes

the gui never shows up…

The plugin doesn’t have a gui in the real sense of the word, ie. there are no buttons, sliders,… If you enter the plugin from edge select mode, all you notice is the selected edges become unselected and optimal mode is switched off if it was on.
Entering from vertice select mode is a better idea (you can first make your selection in edge mode and then switch, selection will be retained). If you do so, you will see the vertices surrounding your selection become selected, showing you the plugins area of operation. Use leftmouse(keep pressed) to draw over edges crossing and next to your initial selection or use rightmouse(keep pressed) and up/down movement on one of these crossing edges.

I select an edge and run script to onmly fine blender freezes

I can only guess to the cause of this, but possibly you don’t know you need to press the middle-mouse button to exit the plugin (maybe I should change this into <Enter> key?). If you don’t, it could indeed seem like Blender freezes.
If this doesn’t work out, it might be the plugin is stuck in an endless loop. If so, turn on Optimal mode, start plugin, and see if Optimal Mode is switched off by the plugin. This information could aid me a little-bit in finding the bug.

And , of course, it could be a problem with Blender-CVS… Did you build it yourself or do you use a test build, if so which one ?

Don’t feed your ego, feed the duckies…

I used the V-DAY test build… for windows… Left and right click does nothing…just makes blender go black and middle mouse exits…

I used the V-DAY test build… for windows… Left and right click does nothing…just makes blender go black and middle mouse exits…

The plugin is tested with the V-DAY test build for windows but not heavily. Create a new scene, add monkey (sweet Suzanne) and try the plugin. If you still have the problem, there must be a problem with the build on your specific configuration. This points to a bug in Blender.
If it works with Suzanne though, you could always send me the .blend file that makes Blender freeze through email (max. size 10Mb): [email protected] and I’ll look into it.

Another great job paleajed :smiley: Works a treat.
Are you going to get both of them patched into the
sources?

/nozzy

nozzy: patching it into the sources… I don’t know if I am up to learning C/C++ and Blender internals yet. I did look around the development docs a little, meaning I am looking into the possibility. And I did pick up Python pretty quickly, so maybe C isn’t that hard either.
Still, at the moment all my time is being sucked into a third script project. Ever tried to cut exactly through a vertex using Blenders knife tool ? Watch this space…

Don’t feed your ego, feed the duckies…