Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314
    you can always data transfer from a different suzanne model

Originally Posted by rombout View Post
    you can always data transfer from a different suzanne model
    Q3.png
    I need the mapping information of the source mesh, not suzanne's data.
    The above picture is a more concrete example of the problem I think.
    The mesh produced by the tissue will lose texture information as shown in Figure 1.
    This is because the uv of the source mesh is not transmitted.
    Picture 2 is the result of manually opening uv.
    I was able to do this because of the small number of meshes
    If the look gets complicated, I will have to spend a lot of time editing the horribly tedious uv.
    Last edited by Sunghoon-Jung; 25-Oct-17 at 00:56.

Originally Posted by Sunghoon-Jung View Post
    Attachment 502789
    When I create a mesh using a tissue, the material and texture are transferred from the source mesh, but the UV is not transmitted.

The density of the pattern becomes more complicated, UV editing becomes too difficult.

If the Tissue has the ability to preserve uv, it will be easier to create complex meshes with textures.
    Yes you are right. I decided to not transfer the UV data for reduce the computing time. Probably I can add it anyway. The user can just delete the UV mapping from the component if it is not needed.

ciao
    Alessandro

Perhaps use a check box, so user can choose weither or not to tranfer the uv. Otherwise it would calculate it and then be deleted, thats wasted time

Originally Posted by rombout View Post
    Perhaps use a check box, so user can choose weither or not to tranfer the uv. Otherwise it would calculate it and then be deleted, thats wasted time
    Yes, sorry, I didn't make it clear. I meant deleting it from the component BEFORE the tessellation. But yes, using a checkbox is probably the best option. I'm only a bit concerned about the constantly increasing number of settings.
    It's probably correct to create a checkbox for every component data, like UV, groups, colours, shapekeys, edges creases etc...

Or perhaps make some base setting where everything is simple. Then add an advanced tab, where there are more advanced inputs. Perhaps this is more what you like. You keep your main layout and as soon as advanced is checked all these extra options show.

Do someone know how to merge a tissue object? I would like to make a local copy without a link to the tissue settings.

Any idea? I did not found a solution.

Thank you
    Chris

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314